Customs: Anyone think it'd be possible to kitbash movie Brawl and SS into Blitzwing?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by NGW, Aug 6, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Was just looking over the two of them and thought that if it could be done...it'd be pretty sick (Blitzwing being my personal favorite G1 triple changer_.

Unless I manage to get a spare deluxe Brawl and SS (or just a spare SS since I plan to get Leader Brawl so the deluxe could be used for it afterall) I probably wouldn't be able to do it myself...but I am sure there are people here talented enough to do it.

So yeah...anyone know if that could work someway?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    A general synopsis of your design would help.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    A general synopsis of your design would help.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Haven't thought to much into it yet.

Been looking over the two of them in both alt and bot mode, trying to get a good idea of how to best combine the two..as well as going over Blitzwing's design from G1 to get an idea as to how he could be updated into the movie style.

As I said, just an idea that had come to mind..haven't worked out too many details on it yet.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Haven't thought to much into it yet.

Been looking over the two of them in both alt and bot mode, trying to get a good idea of how to best combine the two..as well as going over Blitzwing's design from G1 to get an idea as to how he could be updated into the movie style.

As I said, just an idea that had come to mind..haven't worked out too many details on it yet.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Heh. With the amount of undercarriage kibble on Starscream, you could probably attach Deluxe Brawl wholly to the bottom of the jet without attracting too much attention. ;) 

In that sense, maybe you'd be better off making them into the Duocon Flywheels.

zmog

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Heh. With the amount of undercarriage kibble on Starscream, you could probably attach Deluxe Brawl wholly to the bottom of the jet without attracting too much attention. ;) 

In that sense, maybe you'd be better off making them into the Duocon Flywheels.

zmog

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    If Brawl was the Voyager it would work (just hide everything Jet related inside...)

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    If Brawl was the Voyager it would work (just hide everything Jet related inside...)

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Considering the size difference between the toys, I think you'd be better off bashing deluxe Dreadwing and deluxe Brawl together instead.
    DN

11. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Considering the size difference between the toys, I think you'd be better off bashing deluxe Dreadwing and deluxe Brawl together instead.
    DN

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, this combination would work a lot better than a Voyager and a Deluxe. It's going to be hard enough to do it withought a major size difference between the 2 origional toys. Personally, I'm just going to wait for Animated Blitzwing, lol.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, this combination would work a lot better than a Voyager and a Deluxe. It's going to be hard enough to do it withought a major size difference between the 2 origional toys. Personally, I'm just going to wait for Animated Blitzwing, lol.

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I had considered Dreadwing...partly because it'd be cheaper to buy an extra 2 deluxes than a deluxe and a voyager.

But I was also thinking scale-wise (to an extent)...just considering how big F22's are and such, but I dunno..part of it is that I've seen Dreadwing in stores once (and damn I should not have passed on him) and the others are a bit more common for me...

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I had considered Dreadwing...partly because it'd be cheaper to buy an extra 2 deluxes than a deluxe and a voyager.

But I was also thinking scale-wise (to an extent)...just considering how big F22's are and such, but I dunno..part of it is that I've seen Dreadwing in stores once (and damn I should not have passed on him) and the others are a bit more common for me...

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Just kinda fiddling around with the two of them...the ball joints for the cannons on Brawl's second turret are pretty close in size with the ones for SS's tailfins, so I have the fins swapped out with the cannons on Brawl (so Brawl has them on his turret)..looks fairly nice, probably could be incorporated into the final product (think I will tackle this one, seems like it'd be fun to do, try and see how it can work).

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Just kinda fiddling around with the two of them...the ball joints for the cannons on Brawl's second turret are pretty close in size with the ones for SS's tailfins, so I have the fins swapped out with the cannons on Brawl (so Brawl has them on his turret)..looks fairly nice, probably could be incorporated into the final product (think I will tackle this one, seems like it'd be fun to do, try and see how it can work).

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Another bit of an update, so to speak.

Sadly I do not have my camera at the moment (and I am not certain of when I will get it back unfortunately) so I can't do pics..but considering I haven't done any REAL work on him yet it shouldn't be hard for anyone to follow this.

I have a general idea of what should work for the basic design for him..kinda.

Firstly, replace the grenade launcher cannon things on his second turret with the tailfins from Starscream. Replace the cow catchers on the front of Brawl with the cannons from his second turret, and face the cannons forwards (aiming forwards). Pull the side pieces of the tank out to the side so they kinda are like wings (sorta), they just stick straight out to the sides.

Basically you have a very generic, very incomplete version of what would/could, potentially be his jet mode. Obviously there is still a lot more work to do (as you need the nosecone/cockpit from Starscream [maybe find a way to..decently attach it to the main cannon?] and of course a way to attach [and hide in tank mode] the actual wings from SS..in a manner that works/looks good in all 3 modes).

Thinking for the wings..there could be a way to incorporate them into the siding for the tank (the parts you fold down when going into bot mode)..but I don't know quite how it would look in bot mode as I do think the wings should be part of the bot mode like in his G1 design. Thankfully SS's wings do fold in half, which actually could be a huge help on this project (at least IMO). Only real thing I need to semi worry about is the paint job...couple reasons for that. 1) I'm not such a great painter and would probably mess up an otherwise good kitbash because of that and 2) Debating over how to actually do the paint scheme..I'd think making it more G1esque and keeping Screamer's color for both modes would work pretty well, but I dunno...

So yeah...kinda long post there, but meh..

19. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Another bit of an update, so to speak.

Sadly I do not have my camera at the moment (and I am not certain of when I will get it back unfortunately) so I can't do pics..but considering I haven't done any REAL work on him yet it shouldn't be hard for anyone to follow this.

I have a general idea of what should work for the basic design for him..kinda.

Firstly, replace the grenade launcher cannon things on his second turret with the tailfins from Starscream. Replace the cow catchers on the front of Brawl with the cannons from his second turret, and face the cannons forwards (aiming forwards). Pull the side pieces of the tank out to the side so they kinda are like wings (sorta), they just stick straight out to the sides.

Basically you have a very generic, very incomplete version of what would/could, potentially be his jet mode. Obviously there is still a lot more work to do (as you need the nosecone/cockpit from Starscream [maybe find a way to..decently attach it to the main cannon?] and of course a way to attach [and hide in tank mode] the actual wings from SS..in a manner that works/looks good in all 3 modes).

Thinking for the wings..there could be a way to incorporate them into the siding for the tank (the parts you fold down when going into bot mode)..but I don't know quite how it would look in bot mode as I do think the wings should be part of the bot mode like in his G1 design. Thankfully SS's wings do fold in half, which actually could be a huge help on this project (at least IMO). Only real thing I need to semi worry about is the paint job...couple reasons for that. 1) I'm not such a great painter and would probably mess up an otherwise good kitbash because of that and 2) Debating over how to actually do the paint scheme..I'd think making it more G1esque and keeping Screamer's color for both modes would work pretty well, but I dunno...

So yeah...kinda long post there, but meh..

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i was actually thinking brawl would make a good g2 megs. hes already got the arm cannon.