Anyone think HasTak will make a proper Springer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Quantum, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I had Warbot, liked him, had to sell him. Now I'm wondering if I should buy him again, or do I wait for an official release? I'm thinking it's very possible with Kup, Wreck-gar, and a rumoured Arcee (?) on the horizon. I also am not to sure I wanna buy Warbot again: not sure I like him enough. However, if Hastak doesn't do an official release, Warbot is the best alternative.

What do you guys think? Will we get an official triple-changing Springer? Or is Warbot the closest we're gonna get?

2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    It'd be nice, but Hasbro would probably want to make him a triple changer and they seem pretty set on not making any at this time.

Randy

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They just made one.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    They didn't make any Triplechangers for Generations, but I don't think that'll remain the status quo forever. Seeing how much of 1984-1986 they've already covered, I think it's a safe bet there will be a Hasbro new mold Springer eventually.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Straxus is a Triple Changer.

6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    This is of course if you're not counting Darkmounts space gun mode as a third mode.

Sexually Excited.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Doubt it. Triple changers require extra engineering and are much harder to repaint into different characters since they're so distinctive.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't doubt anything at this point.

9. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    No he isn't a "triplechanger". He's a transformer with an extra intermediate mode.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

A third mode. Gee, what would you call a Transformer with three modes?

11. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Space gun straxus is really just kinda an in-between mode almost fan modey they just thought they could use it as an extra selling point. True triplexhangers like blitzwing, springer and astrotrain there alt modes are pretty definitive vehicles not just a floppy by product of tranformation like sixshots wingwolf or black zarak and his serpent mode.

12. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

That would depend on the quality of the third mode. If Straxus is a triple changer then so is Tracks.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

As long as it's official, he's a Triple Changer.

Also, I don't recall a space shuttle with train wheels or a train with shuttle boosters being definitive vehicles.

14. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Straxus/Darkmount is a triple changer. He has three modes listed on his instructions, and it's clearly a third mode, not some in-between fanboy fueled thing. Galvatron had an unofficial third mode. As for Springer, they should. I would have doubted it, but then they had to go and give us Kup and Wheeljack which makes me think we may just get the rest of 84-86

15. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    "Official"... Hasbro called Blitzwing, Astrotrain, Octane, Sandstorm, Broadside, and Springer Triplechangers. They didn't call Tracks a triplechanger. They didn't call Hot Spot a 5-changer(fire truck, car carrier, repair bay, robot, Defensor torso).

In your opinion they're "triplechangers". If you don't see the difference, fine, I don't care what you call a triplechanger or not, but just recognize other people do see a difference and are trying to discuss a topic where that difference matters so stop derailing it with your off-topic tangent.

16. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doubt Hasbro will make one anytime soon, but anything is possible. I would prefer a Blitzwing first though.

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

My opinion is based on the facts presented to me, not a personal bias towards the quality of his third mode. He has a third mode depicted in his instructions, Hasbro described him as a triple changer, therefor he is a Triple Changer.

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't see why Hasbro/Takara wouldn't in the future, especially with all of the recent characters that will receive a release in Generations. He's one of the few "big name" G1 characters left that they haven't tackled, and the Autobots have yet to get a triple changer (official or unofficial) in their Classics lineup. Yes they're harder to repaint into something else (Astrotrain and Tankor/Octane never got separate-character repaints, and perhaps never will), but if they can do those two I don't see why Springer isn't on the table. Same with Blitzwing.

I don't think it's a guarantee, but I never understood the "Hasbro/Takara will never do a proper ____" talk.

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    They might. They might not.

20. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Some Triplechangers are hard to repaint, but I think with Springer it could work quite well.

Kup, Blurr, and even Hot Rod got 'earth' mode updates for Classics. So updating Springer's copter & armored car modes to 'earth' modes might mean something like an Apache-esque attack helicopter and a Movie-Landmine-like armored jeep. And those alt modes, along with an alternate head sculpt would also fit perfectly for Sandstorm.