Anyone think EXP in Fall will be like EXP in Uncharted 3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Jul 22, 2012.

1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Thinking about how you have to buy things to expand, this seems logical; aside from Weapons, base 'Bot/'Con parts, and Abilities (and possibly not even them; you had to buy several perks in U3), making players buy things with their EXP makes a lot of sense.

The weapon upgrades had to be bought manually in U3, as did the various clothing items for your generic hero/villain.

2. Minnemagnus

Minnemagnus Armada Starscream!

I think the character creation might go the same way, but they will do the weapons different. I found myself dying a lot in the beginning of Uncharted Multiplayer (I started a little late) because everyone else had better guns than me.

P.S. this question is hard for the Xbox-only people

3. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    I didn't mean to be rude to those with an Xbox.

Still, I think the EXP = Money shtick works well

Since it means that the more pimped out someone is, the better they are.

Though I'm going to buy parts in armor sets, not individually

4. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll have to respectfully disagree. I imagine it will work like Black Ops, where the player gets both exp and cash.

5. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    In U3, you kept your EXP, but as you spent the money earned (which was the same amount as the EXP you earned), your level never went down.

6. Kalyx triaD

Kalyx triaD R-Tyme Entertainment

For the record, this is not an alien concept to people with an Xbox.

7. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Kind of tricky to know for sure. I would imagine that the points you get will be your cash but your level still will go up and will not decrease if you purchase something. We will have to see though.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't really played the online portion in great detail, so I don't know what's so special about the EXP set of Uncharted 3--care to explain?

The one thing I WOULD like to see in FOC is the Power Play or whatever its called, the feature that tips the battle in the favor of losing team to give them a momentary advantage. I thought this was a cool feature when I tested the online portion of the game out, as it allowed weaker teams a chance to go head to head (even if for a short time) against stronger players/imbalanced teams.

9. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Like when a bunch of lvl 60 shitheads are all in the same clan and thus the same team fighting a bunch of lvl 8-15 guys?

Yeah, Power Plays would be awesome. Things like No Overshields, Orbital Beacons, Double Damage from the losing team.

In Uncharted 3 MP, EXP earned is shown by the cash earned when killing people. The more creative the kill, the more cash, and thus, EXP.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if this is why a lot of people don't want to play competitive multiplayer in the first place. Imagine if this was a person's first experience to it all, and every match they joined was like this?

I'm not saying that clans shouldn't be allowed, but the current system for them needs to be overhauled. Clans should only be allowed to battle clans or at least give all gamers the option to challenge clans or regular competitive online play.

Oh, that does sound cool. I like the idea of getting more EXP for creative kills, but I wonder how that'd work for a game like Transformers which plays a bit faster than UN3? I think this would slow the game down (not saying that's a bad thing), as the only way to get really creative with your kills will take time.

11. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    It happened to me once. Killed ALL the fun, and it was Airstrip, one of the most fun maps.

Not really; think about how you'll rack up points in War for just managing to keep up the kills, or taking the points. I've gotten over 1100EXP for breaking a death streak and combining Funkiller, Break Free, Payback, Test Your Strength (banhammah kill), as well as the usual +250EXP.

THAT is what the fun of kills comes from; as things escalate, so do the retaliations.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess, I'm going to have to break out my UN3 and give its online side a go again:) 

*sigh*

I have too many unplayed games to play still...