Anyone think Eddie Brock will ever make a comeback?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Shokaract, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

I took advantage of some Thanksgiving sales at a local comic shop to grab some post civil war back issues I needed and I've come to the conclusion that recent marvel comics are kind of... not good. Venom has always been my favorite character but I feel that he's gotten the short end of the stick lately. Scorpion? lame. The Thunderbolts? lame. A withered old Brock that tries to kill himself every 5 minutes? lamest of all. Anyone who has followed the storyline of Venom and the other symbiotes is familiar with the horrible continuity errors, one arc has them permanently bonding, only for them to split up in the next. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers gave the symbiote back to Brock and healed him, in fact I'm hoping for it. Does anyone else feel this way? Any chance at all it could happen?

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Prolly. Isn't there an upcoming Mighty Avengers arc featuring an invasion by the Symbiotes?

3. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Eddie Brock and Cletus Kasady got the boot because Marvel claimed "everyone hates the symbiotes". In reality, they got the boot because Bendis hates them, no other reason. Carnage was pretty popular at one point- then Marvel stopped using him and kept retconning his powers, we got the Venom vs Carnage continuity mess, and then Sentry tears Carnage apart in space to get rid of him.

It's no wonder I stopped caring about Marvel. They think "angst" and "personal tragedy" make for good stories and their heroes are rarely sane or happy(yet Marvel fans whine that Batman should "let it go"!). That, and uesada wants to kill off Mary Jane, when Aunt May dying of old age would make more sense(and they did it once... then undid it).

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Who knows they are rewriting spidermans history so Venom might get rewritten as well.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Eddie Brock and Venom are inseparable, so to speak... It's only a matter of time before host and symbiote are back together, most likely the writers will want Scorpion back as well sooner or later.

If symbiotes ever became less popular it was because of saturation. Venom was great, Carnage was great, still my favorite villain. Then there were the five offsprings including Scream, and after the demise of four, Hybrid, and then Carnage's offspring Toxin and the clone Venom... As stated, Venom and Carnage hit a spell of bad writing, be it the clone Venom arc which I never liked at all to removing all psychological aspects of Carnage and just making him a killer with a special suit (Between Spider-Carnage and Carnage Cosmic, he got messed up a lot). Both have the potential to be as big as they ever were, and their popularity will make their return inevitable, that's why Carnage's death is so ambiguous and why Eddie Brock's still in storylines. But they won't get far if the writer bringing them back doesn't know how to use them.

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

since its all screwy anyways, i wanna see Carnage hook up with Brock....:D 

Venom-Scorpion is the lamest thing they did....yet i bet they think it was the best idea.

and i think it was One More Day or something, Brock put on a cotton Venom suit, what happened with that?

7. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope Brock comes back, and then him and Toxin become a bad ass duo.

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    He was going to kill Aunt May as a final act of revenge before his cancer got to him, but he couldn't go through with it. Peter enters and Brock is sitting on a shattered window, wrists cut a bunch of times from trying to get Venom out, then deciding he's done too many bad things and jumps. Peter snags him with a web, Brock wakes up chained to his bed, and decides to get along with his dark side from now on... And that's where we sit today with a lame Scorpion-Venom and an impending invasion.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely. IMO Eddie is Venom...its just a matter of time. Its just that currently, Marvel seems to be out of ideas for the Eddie/Venom combo.

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Eddie is still Venom but more like a second personality than the actual symbiote. It has potentail but it won't be nearly as good as the previous stories.

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    they totally need to use toxin more...since he really hasnt showed up anywhere yet....and they also need to do the same with venom and carnage, if he comes back. i think brock will get the suit back someday....maybe we'll have a venom scorpion showdown that would be cool....and im bummed that carnage was torn apart, though it was really cool visually....

and mighty avengers is doing an arc with a symbiote invasion...and even though those issues arent out yet, the new avengers issues hitting the stands are tying into that story already....which is pretty lame....i wish they would get their storiees to come out around the same time as each other....

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Best part of the Symbiote Bomb was when Spidey mentions he did it all before.

13. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The thing about Carnage being ripped in half is that there was no human host inside....

Only the symbiote was shown getting torn in half.

14. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

I was trying to figure out what was going on with that. I picked up New Avengers 35 and 36 and the symbiote invasion is barely mentioned, but Ive seen solicitations for dec and jan issues of Mighty avengers about the invasion too. Were they supposed to come out at the same time and one got delayed? Also, I love how the solicitations call it a "venom invasion"! Is the current writing staff so out of the loop that they don't even know they're called symbiotes, or do they just think the general reading audience is too dumb if they don't spell it out?

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, frank cho (Art for mighty avengers) has apparently been taking forever...he's a perfectionist and i recall hearing from someone that he was completely redoing pages of the issues that should be out by now....and yeah, not sure about the venom invasion....but they are symbiotes....

16. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Before they even touch Eddie Brock, how about fixing the Amazing and Sensational titles? What a piece of crap, thank God for Ultimate Spider-Man.

17. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

I see where he mentions he dreamt it before... what did he mean by that? sarcasm? or was that a nod to some history changing retcons they've done? and why is he wearing black in avengers and red and blue in One More day? man, Marvel is so confusing right now...