Anyone sold some MISB/ Loose items to BBTS before?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Computer5, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

Hey I have some MISB/Loose BW, and BM stuff to sell. What are your opinions on BBTS' vintage department? Did they negotiate a fair price or do they rape you like Ebgames/Gamestop?

2. Computer5

bump

3. swampflight

swampflight Banned

PM'ed

PM'ed

4. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Prices are decent. You can negotiate with them if you don't like the initial quote. They will give you more in store credit than cash. The drawback is that you have to pay out of your own pocket to ship to them. And depending on how many figures you are sending in, it can be quite costly.

5. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Personally ebay is a better way to go or the tfw sale forums, bbts will rape you on the value big time

6. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Never sell to specialty shops or dealers. Agreed with Slimaximus' post up above.

eBay is the best way to get true market value for your stuff. Even the items that can't sell for crap will still get more than what a shop or dealer can give you.

7. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

yeah the prices aren't the greatest, but the store credit value is alot better then you'd get from a place like Gamestop or something. They don't rape you blind. I sold a few G1 toys to them including a complete loose Devastator and I got almost $500. in store credit, so I was pretty happy.

The shipping thing does suck though. You pay for all shipping of everything, what you send to them, and of course what you buy. My only complaint was for no apparent reason they split my order up and I had to pay to ship both boxes to me. So I paid shipping 3 times, once to send, and twice to recieve. But on the whole they're a really good place to deal with and I would probably work with them again. (though lately it seems like there prices are shooting up, so who knows.)

They do have some of the more rarer Japanese stuff though, which is cool. As long as you don't mind paying $300+ for some things.

8. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've sold some stuff to them. Prices are not great but it's a quick sale and less work.

9. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

they will rape you on the price then in the future you can see your toy being sold for a very high mark up from the price you were given. Go with ebay.

10. Computer5

Thanks for the replies guys! I think i'll shoot them an email w/ what i have and see if I can get a quote. I have mostly BW/BM stuff and I don't know how selling this stuff individually would work out in terms of money vs time/gas spent to get them out. Also, I can only ship on my days off, Thurs/Fri, so i don't want ppl to get pissed at me that i don't ship every other day.

I also, don't think the BM stuff would fetch too much so it's another thing i've been thinking about too, which is having to sit on the stuff for a while.

Regardless, I'll get the quote and then see if go the BBTS route or the TFW2005 junkion route. Ebay makes me sad w/ the fees i hear people complain about.

Thanks again everyone for replying =)