Anyone seen stat padders yet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    If you see stat padders avoid them. These consist of losers who all host a game together where they play something like conquest and both teams dont shoot at each other at all. They catch one point then let the other team catch the point as they move to another then they go to the a new point to catch it and the other team follows behind, repeat until level 25.

My problem is I joined them, not intentionally. Picked my leader class, went to get a point and saw random enemies just standing on the point, all scientists btw, so I rammed them and killed them all. Then my team starts bitching at me, how they are all in a party and there to get points and not attack each other and how they all, my team and the other team, are giving me negative feedback for interfering. wtf is wrong with these losers? There should be a way to report stat padders. I know in BF2 on the PC you can report them and if they are found out EA does something about it, I just wish wFC had the same option.

2. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hadn't heard of such a thing until now. That's extremely weak, unsporting, and sounds boring as hell, too.

3. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    It is, it really is. What sucks though is after they reported me I now have a 72% Avoided Rated. How lame can you be? If you are going to make a game where you stat pad then don't leave it open and not expect people to come in and start playing the game the way it was meant to be played. That's common sense.

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Dude... that's just weak. They're an insult to the TF community and the online community. I have a 50% avoiding rate because in ROTF I quit matches when I became one of 2 in a team against 4. Nowadays I don't quit even when it's 2 against 5. It was fun.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ah memories of my times fucking with boosters on Conker Live and Reloaded so many years ago. Hell there's a topic on the PS3 WFC board on GameFAQs getting people together to boost.

Shame shame.

6. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

That's boring.
    I like playing the game. Gaining new abilities and levels is a bonus.
    If I reach prime mode, so be it.
    I'm there to play, not to look amazing online.

7. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Anyone with a 360 feel like "boosting" my feedback? :p  Stupid jerks ruining my rep just cuz I killed them while they were showing how skilless players rank up.

That's the thing, by doing this they get perks but no real playing experience. There's no real substance to any of these losers and it'll show in a real match.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    To be fair, the perks are is such that it actually does make a difference, really imbalanced that way.

The scrapmaker with the hover perks is seriously borderline op, and I HATE calling things op.

9. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if they were smart they would start up a private game just to avoid getting other players joining and messing it up.

honestly we have a double weekend starting in only a few hours so padding will be far more productive then in game just by flaying around capping points.

saying that I can see why they would stat pad the scientist its only a character that becomes useful in the higher levels.

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Who cares? Quit the game and find another one. Internet raging isn't going to do shit. And it's hardly isolated to this game.

Also calling them an "insult to the TF community"? :lol 

11. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

I've had moments of desperation where I was trying to capture a node by myself with a scientist where I thought "No, no, please don't kill me, just let me get the node and I'll leave! I promise!" but I wan't serious, and if they HAD let me live I would have turned on them faster than you can blink :D . A game of nothing but running in circles to the nodes would be incredibly boring.

You know what though, if those guys want to just run around a gain XP without playing the game, fuck em. Without any game experience (not meaning XP), those of us who've put time into the fray will mop the floor with 'em.

For what it's worth though, the perks are far more important than you might think, especially the ones that are at higher levels.

BTW, what's the point of gamer rep anyways? I'm honestly curious. I'm rocking a whopping 38%. Apparently I'm aggressive, unsporting, quit early, and a trash talker. I'll attest to quitting early, which I got when playing GoW because I'm not good at that game and didn't feel playing matches that we're doomed from the start. While I don't really don't feel like I'm unsporting, am I aggressive? You goddamn right I am. We're playing a game that involves killing each other. What, should I play all nice-nice and let them kill me every now and again? The trash talk is the one that's interesting, since I've used a mic only once, and that was in a party with a couple other TFWers.

12. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    Stat paddlers?

You mean rank up whores....
    lol ive never heard anoyone us this wordage before for a bunch of people who think its cool to not play a game but to get points. There rank up whores.
    Ive yet to encounter them ill be pissed when i do.
    The only thing ive run into so far are people that jsut will not die no matter what u through at them.

13. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    lol had a group of scientists who wouldn't die earlier, they kept going head to head with my leader and taking fusion blasts and axe blows head on.

14. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Funny, just capturing control points isn't going to net them very much exp.

15. blumpy2000

Well assuming it's two groups of five it probably will net them pretty good XP. A group of five can get a node pretty quickly. I'm assuming that they collectively decide to ignore the "B" node and just circle the map aqcuiring "A" and "C". If that's the case then it could take quite a while to reach 400 points, but they'd get 150 points for the nodes they claim rather frequently.

16. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    it is when you capture it ever 4 seconds in a 4-6 minute match.. I stumbled onto one and I pissed them off. I captured the other two nodes and shot a bunch of their guys. Then got a PM that they were boosting (I was chatting with Darkblade)... I figure i may do a tiny bit but one of their guys attacked me when I was just standing. I then proceeded to be an ass mess with them.. I am there to play, not boost my ranks artificially..

I had maybe 10 or 11 as my score but they all had 49 from boosting.. I left the match after that..

it is pathetic.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    actually they just took the B node. they would take it, then back up and the other team would take it. Rinse and repeat.

18. blumpy2000

Ha! Goes to show that I don't have a cheater's mind. I suppose that would be the best way to acquire points per 400 point match. Never doubt people's craftyness.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't run across any boosters yet but why not screw with them? Thats what I do on MW2 all the time. I'll chase them down and boost on them lol. 3 kills easy

Oh and if they start calling you names, Mute and carry on. DEATH TO VIDEO GAME CHEATERS!!! (Not in real life)

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what boosters do. They boost stats to quickly finish a game (usually a rental), so they can get an easy Platinum.

I have nothing against boosting per se, but with games being online, with multiplayer options, you should prepare yourself for more of this, as some people just aren't all that interested in all parts of a game.