Anyone seen Gasarki?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Mar 29, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I just got done answering somthing on a Gundam thread a second ago and it reminded me of my fav mecha series Gasaraki. Anyone else seen it?

Best way I can describe it is think if Tom Clancy wrote a mecha anime that had to involve some slight weirdness of Eva.

2. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I saw it a couple of years ago. It was definitely really good, up until that last episode. Talk about some complete nonsense. Oh well, it didn't really kill the series, I just thought it was one hell of a disappointment considering the buildup and mystery surrounding the Gasaraki.

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Yup, I consider the episode before the last episode a good stopping point for the series. I'll have to watch that last episode one more time to peice it together. I have a good idea what it's about but its like the last episode can really not do anything with the rest of the series.

4. Emperor Mengde

It was really odd in that way. I mean, they had to explain the Gasaraki somehow, it's just that the explanation was convoluted and didn't involve some sort of cool looking giant monster like I had hoped (I mean, look at the Kugai...you'd figure the Gasaraki would be that, but more so).

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I saw it a few years ago. I liked it, but it frustrated me. It was intelligent, but it either didn't know where it was going, or it really didn't want to go there, grudgingly staggering toward the end until someone said "fuck it, let's use Evangelion's ending." Other than that, it was really cool.

6. Emperor Mengde

Yeah, I'm kind of sick of that ending trick as well. Rahxephon is about the only series that did something similar but didn't piss me off (mainly because I could make sense of it). I mean, between Ideon and Eva I think I've had enough of this kind of ending, and I'm really hoping that Eureka 7 doesn't do this to me as well.