Anyone seeing some shelf warmers already?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, May 19, 2011.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    DotM Voyager Optimus...tons of them. Literally the only voyager we have left and it looks like NONE of them have been bought, at least 2 cases worth of the guy all on the shelf.

I knew the figure was bad, seeing it in person made it even worse, but I guess even the scalpers and the kiddies can see it.

The leaders and HA figures are also not selling at all.

2. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Made me happy because I actually wanted that Prime. He was all that was left of the Voyagers.

Including poor Optimus, I see mostly deluxe Barricades, Bumblebees and Sideswipes.

3. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

after 3 days. i have to say that every fU@king figure is warming shelves here. i mean, the nerve of hasbro to make so many sucky figures. they could have atleast replaced a few pf them with figures that people would want, like more reveal the shield and generations figures. i think it's going to be atleast till xmas untill we see some of these figures finally get of the shelves.

i mean shit, some retailer didn't even put out the figures untill YESTERDAY, and that just threw everyone for a shit storm. not selling at one store, now the other one has to go and fill their shelves with even more cases of shelfwarmers.

4. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we should wait a week or two before we know whats warming the shelves. We didn't even reach the weekend yet.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't like the movie figures, but how in the hell can something be a shelf warmer when the figures haven't even been on the shelves a week yet?

6. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Bumblebee. Bumblebee everywhere. I guess you could say *puts on sunglasses* that that's a SWARM of Bumblebees. YYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
    But in all seriousness, I'm seeing too much yellow on these shelves. Let's replace that with pink and purples!

7. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Premature to consider anything as shelf warming...I did find a Topspin today....but I passed.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Or even till they start promoting the movie, or when it hits theaters and all the kids start begging their dad for bumblebee cause the last one they got is now missing its left leg and head.

Right now is just the collector scramble. But I do think we are getting a fair amount of non-screen characters that may sit there for a while. If the Twins, Jolt (can't remember if he is in), and Barricade are not in the movie, we could see them sit for a while.

I am not overly concerned with Bumblebee sitting way to long, but who knows, there has to be a point where it hits saturation after three movies.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think Tuner Mudflap is feeling really good about this thread already. His spirits have been lifted!

Right now, there is tons of product, but there hasn't been a big push for it yet. It's there on the shelves to help build anticipation for the movie in June. Also, it's there so retailers won't have to stock DURING the frenzy. That would make the retailers blue.

10. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

DOTM toys couldn't possibly be shelfwarming yet since they've only been out for a few days. I'd wait at least six months before I consider any of these to be shelfwarmers.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I dunno, but when most of the product (including all the deluxes) is gone save some leaders, HA, and voyager ops..that says somethin'.

12. Lacimehc

Means they aren't as popular, but that doesn't necessarily make them shelfwarmers.

13. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

this thread was a joke right.
    (walks out of thread...)

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    But it certainly doesn't bode well either.

Hell remember when the RotF line first came out, remember the figures that warmed the pegs then? Certainly wasn't too early to call them out on it.

15. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

the day after the movie comes out is the time finding any of the DOTM transformers will be hard. i suspect cyberverse will be really popular with parents cos its small decently priced figures they can get alot of for their kids.

16. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    ROTF Mudflap. :mad 

17. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    No one.
    Since my Target hasn't stocked the DOTM figures yet >.>

18. Lacimehc

I didn't start collecting until several months after their release so I wouldn't know. Mudflap and his tuner repaint are the only major shelfwarmers that instantly come to mind.

19. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Figures like Rampage and Sideways were everywhere for a very very long time.

20. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I just picked up Voyager Shockwave and Leader Sentinel Prime at KMart today. They were the last two there while there were about seven voyager Optimus Primes and two Voyager Ironhides left. That said, I think its still a bit early to tell which ones will be the sellers and which ones won't be.