Anyone saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Movie in theaters as a kid?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by HordakFan, Apr 3, 2012.

1. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

I did! i remembered when i was 8 reading in Starlog magazine and in ComicScene that there was gonna be a "Ninja Turtles" movie, i was excited and even gasp at a first picture of Michaelangleo in live-action as he was gonna surprise Leonardo. I did saw the trailer to it when i saw "Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3" in theaters and gasps as i thought to myself "The turtles movie! it's like a dream come true".

I also remembered while waiting 3 months for it as in a January issue of Superman, i saw that cool poster ad for the movie with the turtles's heads showing in the manholes with their eyes showing with colored masks on, the tagline saying "This Ain't No Cartoon" and under the title saying "Lean, Green and on the big screen March 1990" as i couldn't wait. It finally did opened and saw it opening day with my mom and had a blast with it, i even saw it 4 more times and bought the poster, comic adaptation from Archie, cards and the CD soundtrack which i still own to this day. I even got it on video for christmas in my stocking and still is one of my favorite movies of all time.

I love how it stayed faithful to the Mirage comics while using some cartoon elements from it and Elias Koteas was awesome as Casey and the actress who played April was a hottie. Sam Rockwell made his second film appearance after "Clownhouse" as he played the gang leader. This was also Jim Henson's last movie.

2. Primal1987

Primal1987 Creator Of The OptiBrony

News Credits:
    I was too young to see the first movie in the theaters, didn't get my first experience with it until video.

The first Ninja Turtles movie I saw in theaters was the third one.

You can imagine how that turned out.

3. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

I had a VHS copy of that movie, unfortunately it dissappeared after I moved in '07. Second TMNT movie was okay and the 3rd was just "meh".

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    i did. and it was awesome.

5. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Well, I didn't see it until the VHS came out. Absolutely loved it, including the other three Turtle movies.

Surprise, other-two-movie-haters! 8D

6. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I was in third grade and saw it in theaters at least three times that I can remember. Absolutely loved it and I still think it holds up incredibly well (proud DVD owner). I think the film makers did an excellent job.
    The second one certainly seems more dated to me (probably due to Vanilla Ice). I think I saw the third one when it premiered on HBO or whatever. Didn't hate it but never liked the puppeteering, particularly the mouth movements. I haven't seen two or three in ages, and I don't think I'd really enjoy them as much now as I did then.

7. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

I saw all but the 3rd one in the theaters. Was an awesome experience.

8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I did, I was 9. It's is the main reason I prefer CGI creatures over puppets.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i saw it as a kid, on tv i think. i never watched anything as a kid in theaters, until Jurassic park. and that was like a year late or something, at the one small theater still playing it :lol 

10. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Saw it in theaters. Splooged my pants.

11. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

I saw it in theaters. I use to have it on VHS.

I recently bought it on DVD because of the upcoming movie. It's still pretty fun but all the catchphrases like "Cowabunga" are pretty cringe worthy now.

12. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw all three in the theater. 1st was the best but since Raphael was my favorite from the comics I didn't like how he was out of commision for most of the movie.

2nd one sucked because they couldnt use their weapons. Some parent group or something said the 1st movie was too violent.

3rd I don't even remember aside from them changing the April actress. Way hotter but not very April O'neil looking.

13. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Saw it in the cinema and thought it was boss, still holds together pretty well IMO.

I paid to see the second one as well. I can't remember what I thought of it at the time, but I saw it again about 5 years ago and it was terrible beyond the LOLZ value of Vanilla Ice. Never seen the third and the recentish CG one was decent.

14. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

i saw it 5 times..probally one of my best memories..

15. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i saw the second one in the cinema, i rather enjoyed it. i think my sister only saw it with me since vanilla ice was popular at the time.

16. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Back when I was little I rarely went to the theather so I saw all of the films on VHS. I recently saw the second one on youtube and wow, was that nostalgic.

17. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My sister took me to the cinema to see it when it came out... Christmas 1990 I think? Got the 2nd one on bootleg VHS somewhere (dodgy Egyptian marketplace ftw).

18. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i have very clear memories of seeing the 2nd one in theaters and being. i was excited...a little too excited

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still have that VHS. It has that Pizza Hut Baseball commercial.

20. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:
    Ninja ninja rap!

I was 12 when it came out. TMNT was my last kid show phase before I decided I would rather spend my time pursuing females! I loved it. I still watch it.