Anyone rolling up I-95 past no. VA?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by VAwitch, May 24, 2007.

1. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will be driving car/riding my Harley, but would be nice to be w/ someone, as it's a long ways, and one never knows when a mis-hap will occur (this will be my first looooong trip (over 3 hrs) w/o my riding club.

Just curious, I know there were a few peeps coming north, but don't recall routes.

2. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

We'll be heading out of Chantilly, but leaving VERY early Thursday morning. Won't be hard to find us - Big ol' red Avalanche towing the biggest U-haul we can find!

Hmmm. If you take an HD, you'll have to ship back all those toys you're gonna buy....

3. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hehe - I got no money for no stinkin' toys.... hence, why I am not sure whther I'm riding or driving - if $ changes, I may get a few- thing is, I am honestly not sure I WANT to get back into hard-core collecting. I picked up a classics(?) Devastator from Wally-world, didn't really LOOK at it til I shipped another to someone else on the board, and realized THEN that Dev has only 5 parts - and I'm pretty certain 1 was never part of the team, and another's been changed (they aren't even 5 distinct vehicles anymore). Mixmaster's gone - and I thought he was pretty cool.

So I gotta re-think restarting the collection in any serious size. Do I want? Yes, but gotta have a place to store/show where my almost-5 y/o son doesn't get his mitts on - we're currently battling over the classic(?) Cliffjumper w/ jet ski.

Anyhow - on topic - what path are you taking to head north? I got some AAA direcs, that uses Garden State Pkwy rather than hitting NYC/hugging I95 all the way.

4. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll be leaving from south of Richmond sometime on Wednesday....

My Saturn will be easy to spot.... faction symbol magnets on the back!:thumb 

5. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

You say that now, but wait 'till you see the great deals at the show... Especially at my table (Shameless plug, all)!

On the plus side, if you ride, you should save on gas... More $ to spend. And actually, with enough people from NOVA going, you might be able to find someone you trust to haul back anything you don't have room for. I was fortunate enough to know someone driving a van back from the 1st California Botcon way back when - They took hauled a huge box back for me... Otherwise, I'd have been screwed. I don't think they even had a shipping service back then...

Interesting question - I haven't look that closely, yet. I'm meeting up with the guys to do some planning this weekend - we'll have to look at that... The parkway will cost you in tolls, but it may have less traffic. Mapquest just directs you to I-95...

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Wow, another Richmonder! I'm not driving up this year, but my PT cruiser would be pretty easy to spot even though it has no faction symbols....yet. Although the Chrome Superman shield and LEX LTHR license plates give away the geek status of the driver :) 

[​IMG]

Heheheh. Can anyone tell I love showing off the new car? :) 

7. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We are heading out on Wednesday early afternoon, either from Manassas or Vienna depending on what time I can get off work. We will be in a blue Forester, not really identifyable although I am sure we will deck it out somehow.