anyone remember?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by the goth rat, Aug 30, 2010.

1. the goth rat

the goth rat Well-Known Member

hey guys i found my copy of the PS2 Transformers Armada game and over the last couple days i been playing it and really enjoying it i forgot HOW GOOD this game was,

i mean looking at it now i realize this game was VERY advanced for it time, the fact that it gauges the difficulty on how well you play and then PUNISHES YOU later if you do well, and the fact that for a PS2 game it has Environmental effects like every blast that hits the water makes a splash, every foot print in the snow not only makes a sound but leaves a fading mark as if it real snow, and not to mention the cloaking actually makes your very movement more quiet.

another thing is you get no lag for a game that has so many pixels on screen at any one time what with each individual blade of grass and tree sure they don't move in the wind but hey their still their, i mean i have a PS3 but i seen games on that suffer some lag with less pixels then TF armada on screen lol any way i just wanted to say that if you've never played this game you gotta try it if you can :3

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That always was a great game, a lot of the people who didn't like it, just didn't like because it was based on Armada. Needless to say, if anyone is doen with WFC and looking for another TF game fix, pick up this nearly forgotten gem

3. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

If anyone didn't like it's only because they didn't play the Tidal Wave level. That level was amazing and the boss battle is one of the best I've played to date.

4. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I Like that game, sadly never had time to play it! But someday I'll continue ;) 
    If there wouldn't be always so much to deal with in real life... gnarf...

5. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

I never had a chance to play it (wish i had). However i did have the Beast Wars and Beast Wars Transmetals games for the PS1 (the former being far superior in the gameplay department, and the latter in the graphics).

EDIT: WoW I just looked that game up on youtube and it isn't the game I was thinking of. It looks even better! Not sure now what game I had in mind. Def love any game with Unicron as an end Boss lol.

6. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gettin' outta collectin'

I'm not familiar with Armada - is that the massive one about 3 or 4 levels in? Great game, but I just can't figure out how to deal with him.

7. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    QFT. Compared to Tidal Wave, Unicron was super easy to beat, IMO.

8. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's that level in the game that compelled me to seek out an Armada Tidal Wave. I almost wish there were a mini Armada Prime out there so that level we could re-imagine that Boss fight.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Funnily enough I was just thinking about replaying the game sometime soon.
    Lots of fun with loads to do and collect and real quality rewards for finding stuff (unlike the BayFormers games). I think the only thing I really disliked about it was the Unicron battle at the end. Usually everything you do throughout any game helps hone your skills in preparation for the final battle, but this took all the controls and play mechanics you'd been using the entire game, threw them away and replaced them with entirely new ones. I died so many times against Unicron that I doubt I'll ever play that battle again. But I'll happily go back to the actual adventure levels though.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I have it, but only played it a couple of times before putting it away for good as I had a hard time with the controls. But since I've been playing WFC and getting used to using the sticks with that I might go back to the Armada game at some point.

Although I really don't like Armada as a series. Does that matter so much..?

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I wasn't fond of the controls either, which is why I was irked that by the time I finally mastered them the Unicron battle threw them all away.
    There are cheats for the game kicking about though so you might like to try those so you can hone your control skills without getting rapidly killed. At the very least you'll be able to bodge your way through the game and see everything.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It'll always be one of my favorite Transformers games. Still fun to play today. And yeah, the Tidal Wave boss fight was incredible.