Anyone remember when hasbro was pratically giving away TF toys in stores.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Anyone remember when hasbro was pratically giving away TF toys in stores.

with all those 2 packs & extremly low price TF store exclusives.

basically the 2 packs cost the price of a one pack.

store exclusives TF toys were like half price or extremly close to it.

The energon toy line had tons of great sales. anyone remember that 2 pack energon leader awesome deal. both leaders were taped together with red tape & had a sticker on them. both 2 pack leaders cost the price of one leader toy.

then there were all the 2 pack energon deluxes. both toys cost the price of one figure.

the store exclusives way back then were so cheaply priced. TRU store exclusive ultra sized megatron & deluxe optimus cost $19.99.

cybertron primus with a set of 3 minicons cost the same price as regular primus.

Does anyone remember any more awesome TF cheap priced store exclusives or multi packs?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Well, I remember when Scout/Basics were $5, which is now the retail price of all of those crap Legends.

3. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    DON'T YOU HATE ON MY LEGENDS. *shakes fist*

But yeah, now that TFA, TFM and ROTF have made Transformers popular again, they can pretty much charge what they like.

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Most of the time those special 2 packs were near the end of the line and Hasbro was just trying to move their old product faster to make way for the new stuff. It's very similar to the recent giveaway with the 3 free deluxes for every $25 purchase, just a different format.

I will say that I did get some extra Energon/Cyberton stuff as a result of those special deals, though.

5. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I remember Kay-Bee selling some awesome stuff, but never anything I truly wanted. I've always like my bots too look either G1-ish, or "realistic" perhaps bayformery. Which is why I skipped the boat entirely on Cybertron and most of Energon.

6. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

I still have my Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime... :thumbs2: 

7. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I got almost all of my Armada/Energon/Cybertron on sale or in the buy-one-get-one-free packs. That was great! Wish those still happened any more. These days I mostly only find deals at Target.

8. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I miss the two-pack specials. I remember getting the Energon Jetfire and Ironhide two-pack for half price. That's two voyagers for $10.

Hey, Hasbro. You know how all those ROTF toys you overproduced aren't selling for full price? Well...

9. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Yes I also remember Big Lots selling RID deluxes for $6, Dollar stores Transformers for less or half of retail in some cases, like Cybertron Metroplex and Galaxy Prime for $20.

Now these stores ask $6 for a Legends figure. I mean come on.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    The things you're talking about were called 'sales.' Attempting to clear out the stock so that the next line could get to the shelves. It's not as if the lines -started out- in affordable 2-packs. But yes, they do need to do something to get stores de-Mudflapped.

11. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Man, Big Lots in particular has really gone downhill. Now their prices are mostly over what other stores charge.

12. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I forgot to mention all the Animated sales that went on last christmas buying season.

Animated leaders & supreme optimus for $20. animated voyagers for $10.

13. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and mudflap; egg bacon and mudflap; egg bacon sausage and mudflap; mudflap bacon sausage and mudflap; mudflap egg mudflap mudflap bacon and mudflap; mudflap sausage mudflap mudflap bacon mudflap tomato and mudflap;

but i don't like mudflap!

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I remember re-issue sideswipe and Bluestreak being 2.67 and I PASSED on them, because I only liked Beast Wars toys then. LOL so stupid I was.

16. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!! :lol 

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Actually it's because the prices of ALL toys have risen over the past few years due to economic issues of a global scale.

Basics and Deluxes back during beastwars were usually 5 and 10 each, now they're 7 and 12. Which is something Hasbro literally said would be happening due to rises in oil prices and increases in safety standards and such. Has nothing to do with the popularity of the toys (G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra toys increased in price too, and they were mostly crap) but rather the economic conditions we're currently facing today.

Everything else was special, literally. Special 2-packs, special sales, special offers, things to move old stock and old molds to make room for new things. Which Hasbro still does as they recently just had their "Double your Action" give away which gave people 3 free transformers for every $25 spent.

18. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They're releasing value packs for PCC at Toys R' Us now.

19. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember when Hasbro would ship you 3 free deluxes worth $30+ just for buying $25 worth of toys. Oh wait.. that was last month.

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i thought this was a hidden attempt to reveal how old some of us are- because i remember barely 6 months after the first real Mall (not a strip mall or shopping center attached to a Walmart) opened here in Dothan, the K*B had some seriously mind blowing clearance sales on G1 figures.

that was '86-87. Boxed G1's going for near nothing was Epic...unless you are a broke MF of a 13 year old, lol.

and speaking of recent memory, I got my favorite TFA figures dirt cheap like someone already posted. $11 for Lugnut and Atomic Lugnut, $20 for the Leaders, and the Deluxes, i think i paid Scout class prices for a few of them. Really nice getting Oil Slick that cheap.