Anyone remember the "spooky files" ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

since hallooween is upon us.

don't worry this thread is TF Toy related.

the "Spooky files" was basically a web site created by "mouth04". that show cased proto type transformers from a mysterious source who lived over seas near those Takara/Hasbro TF toy making factories.

in the begginning the source would post his own pics. then he partnered up with mouth04 & mouth04 hosted those proto type TF pics on his site.

I think this all happened around the beastwars & BM toy era. I think it ended way before armada & Car robots appeared in the scene.

back then there wasn't as many people with the TF proto types. so the entire TF fandom would get all excited about the latest update on mouth04 site on the "spooky files" section.

Till today i'm not sure why the "spooky files" stopped. I remember the bandwith & visitors to mouth04's site would overload the site & cause it to shut down from time to time. perhaps hasbro or takara asked mouth04 to stop hosting the "spooky files". perhaps the source who was a factory worker got fired or the wharehouses moved.

2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those were the good ol' days with SPQQKY....

3. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I forgot it's not spelled "spooky" it was spelled "SPQQKY". Thanks for reminding me.

I remember mouth04 the guy who hosted the pics,had a scary holloween theme year round.

4. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I recall the spqqky days. TM2 dinobot is the one that stands out for me. Ben Yee also would do reviews early, but his were given to him. Spqqky pioneered the test-shot trade

I vividly recall the appearance of all of the energon combiner limbs and the resulting speculation as well as the appearance of all the alternator test shots and the rumors preceding them (such as there being a shockwave). Good times.

The discovery of Astrotrain in the patent directory was fun as well.

5. supervir2

News Credits:
    There was another old deal that I can't recall the name for...it wasn't news/new figure related, but there used to be a daily/weeky magazine cover that a guy made for a while. I think his handle started with a 'd' or 't'. Tons of puns and tons of jokes/fun all TF themed.

Is that archived or searchable somewhere? Anyone know what I'm talking about? I think it was over at the allspark.

6. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Do you mean The Cybertron Enquirer by Drivaaar?

7. supervir2

News Credits:
    That would be the one:) . Thanks

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hey, does anyone remember that "Deathy" guy over at alt.toys.transformers? I wonder what happened to him.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lolol 

This thread is spooky.