Anyone remember that fake leaked script for TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Aug 4, 2010.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You know- the time travel one going back to the 80's.
    For the record- I know that film isn't getting made.

However, I would like to point out that, if I remember correctly, one of the scenes was at a racetrack and some racecars transformed.

The script was debunked as a hoax.

Yes we see what are being called The Wreckers as NASCAR racecars.

I wonder how many other elements of that supposed "hoax" will make it to the screen.

Again, I know that film isn't bing made... but I don't think it was a hoax- merely an *extremely* early draft that was submitted.

2. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Wasnt inferno in that draft? I dont want time travel but what gives me pause is the fact we saw that old yellow datsun that looked like bumblebee when they filmed in milwaukee. What if they do go back in time......to the 60's when the space race is happening. If they use time travel I will yell out in the theatre, f*** me.lol

3. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I remember the fake TF2 script that ended with a battle in Las Vegas. All things considered, it was actually better than ROTF.

I didn't read the fake TF3 script for this very reason.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Christ, I started reading that and it was awful. It started as a reasonable follow-on from TF2 and rapidly turned into shoehorning elements from the G1 cartoon that I didn't care about. For God's sake, Spike? When I saw the Scramble City combiners I pretty much knew it wasn't for real. And then they TRAVELED BACK IN TIME TO THE 80S? And Movie Starscream reformatted into G1 Starscream. Wow...subtle. Sorry, didn't make it past that.

That is an extremely tenuous connection.

5. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    Technically, that "scene" is part of the opening sequence, a series of quick cuts showing the civil war increasing in intensity. And there was only one Nascar vehicle that transformed and was being cheered until Decepticons attacked.

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I dont remember that at all; the one I remember had Ultra Magnus and HotRod showing up to help Sam and BB fight Devastator

7. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    And some elements of that "fake" made it to the final film as well.

8. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Can't believe I read that crap.

I think it said it had 2 combiners fighting together, that would never be in a movie, if they can't do Devastator justice.

It also had Starscream "Smiling," several G1 references, no Chicago, nope don't believe a cent.

9. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I thought it was great.

10. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda released that the time travel bit was out when we had Datsun BB and Camaro BB in multiple places together (well not in the same shots but in the same parking lots). Saying that I was never against the idea of time travel but the idea of OS being the whole Nasa program did stike me as odd

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That wasn't a fake, but a spec script. Rather, a spec treatment. There was some question of the writers coming back so an aspiring screenwriter sat down and worked out a treatment and tried to get it sent through some connections he had to the producers. It didn't get there in time and instead they hired the old writers and Ethan. Its a pity, because that treatment was pretty good.

Any similiarities the final products have with either that spec or this fanwank are most likely coincidental.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Yeah, any similarities between that script and ROTF are because things like Soundwave and the Matrix were pretty much givens.

13. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Why is it difficult for people to consider that some elements might survive a spec script or an early draft thru to the final shooting script? Whenever this topic comes up, it's always tenuous or a coincidence or given?

14. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    If either of these two scripts were attached to the production, then I would be inclined to go along with that. However, the spec script was done just for that and any elements it might have in common with the final element MUST be (ie-legally) coincidental because the producers did not buy the script. It has also been stated that the new story was worked out before that script got to anyone.

And this other script has no proven connection to the production. Why would elements survive a draft that the writers/producers never saw?

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Because, in this particular case, it kinda is.

16. nodonnell1986

nodonnell1986 Well-Known Member

I remember the fake trasnformers 2 script had something in it about ultra agnus and hot rod(being some kind of red sports car)....the ending of that script ended with optimus dying and the remaining autobots scanning old cars to hide....for some reason its bothering me bc we keep seeing images of old rusted cars (the rusted military truck, the rusted datson)

17. ARIQ

ARIQ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is the script ive found some of it may be real talks about silverbolt and inferno and in one part it says: Wheeljack a wise old autobot who is chief engineer of the ark.

Tf 3 Script Leaked

18. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    That is the fake script. It isn't hard to do as there is software that will format your script for you. I use Celtx for my Mac when I was working on my Superman spec script. This may have been like that, someone doing something on spec. It may just be fan fiction. It is "credited" to Kruger, so it may have been written to be messed with people.

It has been stated to be a fake though. By Nelson, the admin from Bay's site, who also confirmed the previous treatment for TF2 was not an official treatment.

19. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? A battle in Las Vegas would be awesome. Chicago is way too much like Mission City.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Soundwave and Shockwave go back in time to make sure Sam is killed as a little kid because he's twice been the downfall of Decepticon schemes on Earth. Present day Sam and Bumblebee are sent back to protect the younger Sam (lots of 'amusing' scenes with the two Sams and Bumblebee) and stop the Decepticons from changing history. Simmons is still in Sector Seven because it's not been disbanded yet. Megatron is almost released from his frozen prison under Hoover Dam. Young military guys Lennox and Epps are drafted in to help. At the end everyone is safe and Will Smith makes a cameo as a top Sector Seven agent who uses his flashy pen device to erase everyone's memories of the event.

It's just so cheesy it might work. :p