Anyone remember, Act 2 STARCOM!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ckhtiger, Feb 1, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

with all due respect to chaos muffin, I was at my mom's house last week taking pics of all my non-tf toys, and wanted to show 'em off. with the centurions leading the way, I thought I'd continue the trip with I think a highly underrated line, starcom.

the cool gimmic being every figure has little magnets in their feet, which would activate weapons and elevators on the playsets, and allow them to stand on different plates on the vehicles. most of the little vehicles folded up into a standard shape (cubicle for the good guys and pyramidal for the bad) and would then unfold at the press of a button.

there were apparently a good amount of these released in the UK/Asia that weren't released here. I got most of them on clearance probably in the late 80's in one fell swoop. hope ya'll enjoy. here's some preview pics, and you can check out the full gallery in my starcom folder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Starcom was the shizzle. A lot of reasonably priced MISB stuff goes on eBay you know *nods*

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hell yah11 Had that Shadow Parasite along time ago. Been wanting to get back into the line before they get crazy expensive.
    Wanting that Starmax Bomber, Raider, Sixshooter and Shadow Upriser (for Shadow Parasite). The Bandit & Double fighter's pretty cool

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    starcom is crazy cool. for me, its up there with TF and MASK.

vehicles with motorized/transforming feature plus figures! power deploy bitch.

another under rated toyline? sky commanders. these get even less love.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

he he, I'm working on the mask pics right now. this is gonna blow your minds :ev: 

6. Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker Partyin Like it's 1984

Ebay:
    Ooooh...I think I may have found yet another new addiction.

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

the sad thing is that around ten years ago, I was going through some of the stuff in my attic, and while I came across these, I had kept all the boxes, and decided to THROW THEM OUT :cry  at least it was my decision and so I can't be mad at anyone. I did keep the card backs for all of the figures though.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Starcom was great. I've still got a bunch of the toys in my attic. The show wasn't so wonderful though, I rented a 3 episode disc from Netflix and it was pretty boring.

9. Signal Lancer

Signal Lancer Brave Soldier of Justice

News Credits:
    I had the Starbase Station, Starmax Bomber, Battlecrane, Laser R.A.T., M-6 Railgunner, Shadowbat, Shadow, Invader, Shadow Raider. I know one of my friends had the HARV-7, Shadow Vampire and Shadow Parasite. One of us had the Starwolf, but I can't remember for sure...

Sadly, like my M.A.S.K. and 90% of my non-tf robot toys, they were sacrificed to garage sales. Likely for more tfs or video games. If I ever come in possession of a working time machine I'm going back and buying my toys from myself no matter the risks.

10. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OMG!! I had totally forgotten these! I didnt remember what they called, but those pics...I had all those vehicles! Sweet nostalgia!

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sky Commanders were cool. My closet was a string highway for those guys.

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

arrrgh! I have an entire duffel bag of sky commanders. didn't think anyone else had those. cm, do you still have yours? it seems that you've either got every toy from when you were a kid, or have since gone out and rebought them. I'm wondering which one it is. by the way, keep looking around my photobucket page. my gi joe stuff is up now too. I've also got a terrordrome that is missing two pieces, so I'm too ashamed to take pics of it yet.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i used to use legos to build sky commanders i didnt have and strung clothlines in my room between bedpost, desk and cupboard.

only problem was when the lego hooks came loose the lego sky commanders would fall and splode into tiny bit and pieces *sob*