Anyone remember a vintage toy store in Pensacola Fl?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Toyzaremine, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember a huge vintage toy store in Pensacola Fl back in the 90's that had a HUGE selection of G1 tfs among many other lines. I think it was called Star Wars Toys and Collectibles or something or another.
    I think it shut down like many others as ebay grew popular around late 90's/2000.
    Are they still around even if just an online presence?

2. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

What!?! :inquisiti 

You from around here? If this place still exists it's unbeknownst to me. Now granted, I just moved down here in early 2010, but I think I would have happened upon a place like that by now. I know the guy who runs Guru Toyz via www.guru-planet.com is located here, as I met with him and purchased a few items, but he deals primarily in GI Joe. As a matter of fact, there's another guy who sells vintage GI Joe stuff, largely through Ebay though, located here as well. Sure, not Transformers, but that's the closest thing I'm aware of to what you're talking about. At present however, I'm not cognizant of any physical store fronts specializing in vintage toys. It's the cyber era and folks have gone the way of e-commerce.

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I used to live in Florida and worked in Destin. Used to make tons of TF runs to Pensacola over the years and I vaguely remember a shop that carried a lot of old/vintage toys and maybe some comics and stuff. Not sure if it's the same place you're thinking of, but they had some older TF stuff displayed in a huge glass case/counter that wrapped around a bit. Also had tons of other vintage stuff, if I remember correctly. Haven't been to P-cola in years though, so I'm not sure what it was called or where it was. This just happened to trigger a memory of that joint. lol

4. martys

martys New Member

they are no longer an entity,but Marty`s collectibles on creighton rd. in Pensacola has all the oldies including G1 and joes.

5. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Old Tyme Toy Store. It was awesome! But being a kid I never had the money lol. I don't remember what street it was on. I do remember them having a late night public access commercial too.

6. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Shut your damn mouth.

News Credits:
    That wouldn't happen to be you, would it?

Also, sort of off topic, but anyone remember Enterprise 1701?

7. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

It was Old Tyme toy store.

8. Domino

Domino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Believe it or not, I still have one of their old business cards. I used to drive over there from Destin when I could get down to the beach. I bought a few things from them over a period of time. I loved spending time in there checking out their inventory.

Yikes, just realized the great thread necro.

9. MrAllenBenjamin

MrAllenBenjamin Active Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I LOVED Old Tyme toy store. I still remember their Star Wars inspired sign. This store changed locations at least twice. The first move was to a smaller venue that had a weird triangle shaped parking lot. The second move was to a mall where they had a boxed Botcon Shockaract for $90 and Beast Machine beast riders for $5 a piece.

At one point, I bought several Targetmasters in great condition there for dirt cheap and I think I paid $20 for a G1 Ruckus MOC. Of course I bought Ruckus and the Targetmasters around 2002.

10. Shuggaroth

Shuggaroth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've been looking for anyone nearby that does collectible toys. I know there's someone that sets up at T&W on some weekends, but I never catch them.

11. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Did that place run ads in toy magazines like Toyfare? When I worked in retail I took my lunch break in a Borders bookstore many times and that sounds familiar.

12. Botch421

Botch421 Cries and screams are music to my ears

this tread is super old but i love marty my brother was there today