Anyone Reading Spider-Man

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by OmegaScourge, Aug 30, 2008.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i dont...and the shop only buys enough for the subscribers now (as the amount they have to order is less and less as time goes by) so i cant check it out while browsing...

...but i do want to know whats up with certain characters...especially who the new Kraven is and what is her relationship to the original Kraven or his son.

...and what's the deal with Anti-Venom...who is he and how did he come about. From the looks of it, its the negative version of Scorpion-Venom.

...and last one, anyone know when this whole Brand New Day, New Ways to Die, etc will end???

2. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't been up to date with this year's Spidey stories, but Marvel Wiki can be your friend.

Marvel Database

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I don't buy them but I occasionaly read them, (I always say you can't say something is crap unless you read it.) Anti-Venom is Brock. Who's apparently going to be an anti-hero again(That almost never works) The female Kraven is apparently the original's daughter. And Norman doesn't know Peter is Spider-man and is back to ragging on Harry. Seriously they are trying to write it way to close to the 60's and 70's version. If you like those stories I recomend you pick up a trade, most of the originals were better and more fun. Plus you get to read Gwen Stacy stories.

4. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Wait, so Norman doesn't know Peter's Spider-Man? ....What?

Ugh. I've been tempted to read these every once in a while, just out of curiousity, but my rage at the whole situation has prevented me. I don't see that changing at this rate.

5. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I don't read Spider-man that much anymore, but I assume this is to do with that 'One More Day' storyline?

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still boycotting Spidey until they bring back MJ as wife again.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'm boycotting until they start writing good stories again...which seems like its gonna be quite a while now.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, just when I think Venom and Eddie Brock's characters can't get screwed up any worse. Not that I've read Spider-Man in years, but I like to keep tabs on the character. At least there's some precedent for Eddie being able to generate something like the symbiote on his own, since Carnage did kind of the same thing at one point...which was then quickly forgotten about.

Pretty sure BND falls into the category of "permanent...until someone changes it back". I'd expect it all to turn out like the situation with Hal Jordan at DC: BND will be the accepted status quo at Marvel until there's enough turn-over in the company. Then, a writer will come in who preferred the 'old' Spider-Man and everything will largely be reset to pre-BND status, save for some lip-service to BND every so often.

9. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

wow...there actually a wikipedia entry:

At least Gargan-Venom aint going nowhere for the time being....he's running around in Thunderbolts (which seems more in line with the rest of the universe) and Moon Knight

but i wonder if a negative version of the Brock-Venom look would look better...cause i never did like the Gargan-Venom look

10. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I've flipped through some of the prior BND stuff and found it pretty bleh. I'm picking up New Ways to Die mostly because I <3 John Romita Jr. Two issues in and I'm digging the story, and I'm of the opinion that there hasn't been a Venom story worth a shit since the '80s, Ultimate Venom origin aside.

11. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I think someone at Marvel made a bet that they could destroy Spidey forever, and it looks like they're succeeding.

12. Spider Striker

When I was telling my roommate about the Norman Osborne thing, I ended up using the phrase "God only knows," and honestly, I beginning to think that's true. I think Quasada is just making this shit up as he goes along and the writers are doing the best they can to keep up.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    And I'm still boycotting the Spidey books until they bring back Ben Reilly.

14. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Interestingly enough, I was flipping through the lastest New Warriors and the Scarlet Spider was featured so he might be back? I dunno though.

15. Spider Striker

Yeahbutwhat?!

*runs to the comic store*

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I noticed something odd. At the beginning of the current issue, where the Thunderbolts are in his apartment. Pete's internal monologue mentions Norman forgetting he's Spider-Man, and "What we did is still up and running." I was under the impression that he wasn't supposed to realize any of this.

He's talking about one of the Initiative Scarlet Spiders. The ex-New Warriors guys left the team with a couple others, including one of the Scarlet Spiders. No idea where they're going with it.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The new Scarlet Spiders are clones of a guy from The Initiative wearing copies of the Iron Spidey suit. Really not the same thing.

18. Spider Striker

Damn you Internet! Getting my hopes up!

19. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I've been really wanting to check this arc out because

1.) I LOVE John Jr.'s art. Especially his last Spider-Man run.

2.) Return of Eddie Brock, not as some badly written pansy with cancer. I know the entire "OMG I H8 PETER" angle is pretty old but really thats what makes the character. All this self loathing, writers have put on him recently have sucked my interest out of the character. Returing him to the symbiote is only a good thing for me. It helps a lot that I absolutely love the Anit-Venom design.

Only problem is the comic shop nearest to me got shut down like 3 weeks ago, meaning it's going to be a pain to find the comic now and the figure come February next year.

:banghead: 

Anyone know of any mainstream outlets that would carry the comic?? Doesn't WM carry some comics? Or B&N??

20. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree. Every interview I've read about post OMD Spidey seems to be adding more to this train wreck Quasada started.