Anyone playing Burnout Paradise?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by kronos, Apr 14, 2008.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I got it for the PS3 the other day to tide me over until Midnite Club LA comes out. This is a pretty bad ass online game. I have met a ton of cool people racing and just screwing around. So is anyone here playing it?

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

on 360...

its a good game that sorely misses crash mode.

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I play on PS3. Have yet to actually go online though. I'm generally wary of online play because the few times I have ventured into online games there are just too many a-holes. Plus I assume people online have the best cars and have had them for months, whereas my gaming time is limited and I've only unlocked about half the cars so far, and am somewhere around 50% done with single player.

But, I really love the game a lot and will probably venture online at some point.

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

the online is brilliantly implemented, i dont know if its the same on ps3.

had a short run of games with a few tfw'ers, but not much since...

5. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    the online racing is extremely fair. weather you have the slowest car or not, it feels as though everyone has a chance. I mean their are multiple ways to get from point a to point b. and with traffic on, it makes it extremely fair. I would like to get a race going (sadly it would only be for PS3 owners) sometime this evening at sat say 7est? I will be in a room with a buddy of mine. Here is a link to my stats by the way:

http://burnout.ea.com/community/profile.asp?tag=kronosx1&plat=ps3

6. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Got the demo of it on my 360, and as the game came on my heart sank. EA have turned Bunout into the crap feast that are the current need for speed titles.

I have always thaught of it like, the need for speed games went one extreme (from underground etc) and burnout then took what NFS used to be and made it better. Now burnout is a shitfeast. Thanks EA! that is one less good game seriese EA makes, now making all their new games shit.

7. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    yikes, sorry you feel that way. personally i think this is the best burnout ever. and they are adding allot of features in the coming days via DLC. and over the course of the next few months the road map will be more than doubled. I recommend renting the full game and making the decision based on that. the demo was just a small small taste of the bigger picture.

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    To be fair, Paradise's demo is really, really crappy and does a poor job of communicating what the game's really about. It deserves at least a rent.

9. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The demo was retarded. After having played the real game, things in the demo(like the drive throughs) actually made sense.

But the game is still missing 3 very important things

Party crash mode. Having 4 or 5 people playing the last couple burnout games in my house at once just switching it up kicked ass. It was an awesome game for a group of people, and actually got a few people I know who never liked videogames, to play videogames. Why the hell did they forget this? The bouncing pogo crash thing in paradise is garbage.

"Restart Previous Event". I'm 1 takedown short of the goal and miss it, now I have to drive all the way the hell back to restart the event, it's not that bad in road rage mode because I can stay near the start point. It absolutely SUCKS to barely lose a race and then have to go all the damn way back across the map. It's horrible, I hate it. It needs that damn menu option.

Hell, I'm still on a class A license because of this. I'll turn the game on, run a few events, lose one and get mad because I don't want to drive the whole damn way back to restart, so I just shut it off. I don't play it for more than maybe an hour a week because of that missing menu option.

Multi-takedown and aftertouch. After touch was totally unrealistic, but it was kinda fun. I guess I can live with it being gone. But why the hell is it that if I takedown another car and send it flying into 2 other racers that I see it hit when the camera pans back to show the wreck, I only get 1 takedown for it? Wtf? It was cool in the other burnout games to try and get as many takedowns in one shot as possible, why the hell can't I do it anymore?