Anyone play poker?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NGW, Jan 13, 2008.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Just curious.

I've been rather heavy into texas hold'em for the last couple of years. Mostly just play with friends, small cash games (generally about 20 bucks total at stake), or I'll play freeplay online.

I like to think I'm rather decent or so, I tend to win the majority of games with my friends and I fare pretty well with other people.

I also watch the WSOP and WPT and any other little shows here or there when they are on..say ESPN or something.

So yeah, anyone else play?

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I only play the online version with fake chips so I don't know just how good I am. I got a couple of books on texas holdem (The System is a great teaching tool) but I never had the chance to play real poker and the few times I played with friends it's with fake chips and I was ok at it.

3. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Love watching it, playing it......and dealing it! Shuffling and dealing cards puts me in this strange, calm, zen trance. Sweeping the kitchen floor has this effect too...

I play Paradise Pokers $5 and $10 buy-ins frequently. Used to meet once a week with 5-7 friends for $40 buy-in, until everyone thought it was a good idea to get married. It wasn't.

4. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I suck at shuffling :D 

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I've played a few times. The most I've ever won was about £50.

6. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Used to play a lot when I was in college. Used to have biweekly games at my apartment.

7. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

4 friends and I do a hold 'em night every couple of months. Twenty dollars a person in a pot, then you play with chips until there's a determined winner. So far, I've been the winner each time. The other idiots can't bluff, nor keep a strong poker face. Two things I do very well.

8. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Where I live is a hotbed of free poker, so I could pretty much play every night of the week, except for work. I usually play Thursday nights at the local VFW. Over the past year I have won around $400 in cash and prizes for playing. I sometimes play online, but really don't like how some people play.

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I play online, mostly because all my friends are broker than I am (and we all know how broke I am)... I'm not very good at all. Actually, I downright suck.