Customs: Anyone out there proficient in 3d Printing?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by DocSeth81, Jan 27, 2018.

1. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have a custom project that I want to do that needs some 3d printing and design. Is there anyone out there who wants to partner up with me on this? PM me if you are interested and want to know details. Preferably in the US.

2. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    bump

3. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

I mean this in the nicest way possible: you're asking for someone who can do 3d printing and design. To be frank, if someone is proficient in design, they likely would be busy using those skills on their own projects. If you were just looking for someone with a 3d printer and some skills in printing (yes there are techniques to getting the best results out of a 3d printer), you might be able to find somebody who can do that but I wouldn't be optimistic about finding someone who can do the design work for you. Also, if you do find someone to do some printing for you, be sure to compensate them somehow: order them a spool of filament or resin or whatever they're printing with or something like that. When I've had my friend 3d print stuff for me, I've traded him some finishing work: I take his printed objects and sand and clean them up and then paint them and in exchange he prints things for me.

I think you'd be better off learning design yourself. It's a good time to learn and it's easier than it's ever been to get into 3d (which is not to say it's exactly easy but it's definitely easier than it was just 10 years ago). There are multiple free programs that are really good and plenty of online tutorials and you can always ask for tips here in the forums or on 3d sites. Personally, I recommend Fusion360: it requires a free online account to use and it's a very powerful program that combines drafting, more organic modelling, and... um.. I can't remember the third technique but it was pretty cool too. In fact the biggest problem I had when I set out to learn Fusion360 was that it felt like there were too many options and I didn't know where to start. I still use Blender since it was the first one I learned on and it lends itself to my more organic design, though it is pretty weak in trying to do things that are more drafting-like.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1