Anyone NaNoWriMo-ing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lupis Convoy, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's November, and that means National Novel Writing Month.

NaNoWriMo is an event that takes up the whole month, it's goal to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Only stipulations being that the first word has to begin no earlier than the 1st, and the last being no later than the 30th.

So I know we have a bunch of great writers, I was just wondering if anyone else was working on this currently. I'm 6K in, and was doing okay. Last night I just didn't have my quota in me, and ended up being short on my word count.

Novel is a farcical look at the RPG/Fantasy Genre, called "Raising the Bar" about the characters that live and work in the tavern that just about every RPG/D&D adventure starts off in.

Anyway, just seeing if anyone else was doing it this year.

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm probably gonna give it a go, even though I'm late. :D 

Like, half-NaNo.

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Last year I made it by the skin of my teeth, 11,000 words in the last 3 days to make it to 50,000. I'm trying again this year, though with the podcasts and video series I have to juggle along with it now I'm not sure I'll be able to make it this time. It doesn't help that I dumped a concept 4 days in because I kept hitting road blocks.

Right now I'm running with something I developed years ago as an RPG plot, a good deal of it's already laid out in my head so it's much easier to work through.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a friend linked me to them while i was in rehab a couple years back and it was fun. i totally forgot and have been unable to start this year. but i give respect to people who do it year after year.