Anyone miffed about Jazz? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lock Cade, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Those who have seen the movie already, were you guys miffed that Jazz was killed at the end? I was... man, Jazz is just too cool of a character to have met such a fate.

2. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

I couldnt give a crap

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

1) Really shouldn't be putting spoilers in the title, no matter how well known an act it may be

2) Jazz overall kinda miffed me. From his starfish hands, to his 'gangsta' speak (rap =/ jazz) to the fact he didn't getenough characterization to be suitibly sacrficed for the dramatic effect they wanted to the fact that all the bots just kinda shrugged off the loss. Just a little bit more characterization, a slight bit more heroics(he could of at least taken down one con on his own) and a slower death scene with a focus on his pain while dying would have gone a *long* way to make it much more dramatic. As is they took one of my G1 favs and dumped him at the wayside with very little effort.

So yeah, kinda miffed

P.S. Might be a good idea to edit the title somehow...

4. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

I'm a little surprised given his major role in G1. He is also a very dynamic and fun character. Perhaps they should have had an "ensign in the red shirt" type character.

Then again - if this is a reboot of the franchise, then they can pretty much do what they like (including bringing him back!) We'll have to wait and see what transpires in TF2

5. Lock Cade

They better bring him back... Jazz is just too cool!!!

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think Jazz got enough characterization. His anger when Bumblebee was captured and the hint of disgust in his voice when he mentioned the humans experimenting on BB during the scene where the four Autobots conversed. Also, rushing full head into battle and engaging Barwl hand to hand despite his size showed his recklassness. Not even Ironhide went one on one with Brawl.

Even though that wasnt much, it was enough to make his death felt, even if there was no major impact. It's most likely due to the fact he's a robot and not a person. It's difficult to relate to robot characters in a movie without giving them the exact same time on screen as say Bumblebee or Prime.

It was a 2 hour movie, and with the amount of major characters, story, plot settings and the lead Characters, combine that with the fact that it is a war film... not everyone, not even the good guys, can have an opera death.

Though it was nice to see the Autobots sad when Jazz was dead, but still thanked the humans for their bravery in honour of Jazz and all the Autobots.

I'm happy with how Jazz died, I'm not happy he did but I felt it worked.

7. Zeromagnus

Zeromagnus Well-Known Member

i couldnt give S@#$ if you just happened to have your favorite robot die!!!!
    :throw  < Soundatron

8. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

I thought Jazz's death scene was way to fast and weak. I would have liked a little more battle sans the crappy one liner...

9. enduser0001

enduser0001 Autobuddy

maybe he will reborn as Blaster in the sequel(s)

10. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Agreed...it happen way too fast and with his lack of character development his overall final battle/death was kind of weak...(I felt worse about BB getting his legs blown off than Jazz's death)...atleast he went out with guns blazing...

11. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I am actually a bit disappointed that we haven't had a "two pieces" Megatron joke in this thread yet. They are always well thought out and original each and everytime they are done :rolleyes2 

Anyways, to the creator of the thread, finally some love for Jazz :)  Jazz was the main reason I got hooked on the G1 series when I was a kid. And to see him thrown by the wayside and dismissed by the producers of TFTM and the fans is kinda displeasing.

12. Lock Cade

Jazz has always been one of my favorites. He's just so cool. :) 

13. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Keep in mind that these Autobots learned Earth mannerisms from the "World Wide Web".

Turn to MTV, what do you see? Awesome people like Bleeding Gums Murphy belting out some great jazz tunes or these big black guys wearing their "blang blang" because they THINK it looks cool and swearing in every other word?

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I guess Jazz thought that was what "cool" was? I still say it's MTV that got Jazz iced.

15. Zeromagnus

Zeromagnus Well-Known Member

Sam Here

16. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

His death was weak.

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Jazz's death was such a waste. It was so empty and shallow, and Micheal didn't even try to bring any emotion into the scene at all. If Jazz doesn't come back, then Micheal bay and Co. are in fact as as bad as I think they are. LOL!

18. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I didn't like how we was portrayed in the movie so I am glad he died. He just did not seem to fit in with the rest of them.

19. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I was sad for him. but he needs to stay dead, so does megatron and the dead decepticons

20. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Jazz has always been one to study earth culture. The various cultures of today are different then those of 1984. So I think what they did was give us Jazz in 2007 as opposed to an kinda outdated Scatman Crothers version. (RIP Scatman! He was awesome).