Anyone likes the new trend on the instruction manuals?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just realized some of the new toys are finally coming with instructions on how to convert to Robot AND alternate mode. I don't know about you guys but i really prefer this new trend, that way i have both sets of instructions instead of having to backtrack the instructions to transform the figure and possibly getting a headache in the process (i'm looking at you Alternators Grimlock).
    What do you guys think?

2. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Haven't noticed that. Even if I did I wouldn't care, figuring out the reverse is fun for me.

Though I have noticed (in Leader Starscream's manual, at least so far) that some steps have an inset picture showing a photo of the toy to detail a more complex step. This is awesomely helpful.

3. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    To tell you the truth I never use instructions, so I didn't even notice, but I do understand that it would be helpful with many toys that have transformations that you can't perfectly do backwards. I really like the instructions cause they look really cool though. lol

4. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

I would have to agree. There are some figures you just need it for.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually still miss the old instructions (from G1 to Beast Machines or so) that would look like a little book; they look nice and they're easier to organize. The crumpled, bent ones in deluxes and scouts are a little irritating since I have to find something heavy to flatten them.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I don't care.

I don't even use the manuals, I open my dude, and I throw the instruction into a shoebox.

I think it's more fun.

7. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I don't really care, because what I typically do is refer to the instructions on my first transformation from whatever mode the figure is packaged in to the other, then figure out the reverse transformation and memorize the steps without the manual.

8. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    It's fairly obvious that it's for the kids. They were probably whingeing that "it's too hard" & Hasbro know that's their biggest market so why wouldn't they do it. Was RiD the last line that had alt-to-bot & bot-to-alt instructions? Has it really been that long ago? There's my age showing... :lol 

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm with the "WTF are instructions" group. It's just more challenging and fun for me personaly, but if I had a preference I would want this new trend of instructions.

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i haven't noticed, but only because the manuals are pretty useless to me these days.
    i either get help from someone in the house or i watch Youtube until it makes sense.

still think it is beneficial to have and there's a reason why paper has 2 sides, ya know?

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I do this too.

I'm also one of those people that religiously follow the instructions. Lame, I know.

12. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I leave the instructions untouched unless I fall into a jam... as was the case with my recently Purchased Generations WFC Optimus Prime... I noticed this change.

Even when I don't need instructions I scan through them... just to check and see if there was anything I missed or any gimmicks I didnt know existed...

Plus, the new hasblow mistakes of accidentally posting picures of future remold/repaints makes it worth while.

13. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers come with instructions? I've never look a them so I didn't notice.

14. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

I only use instructions when something has a mind bogglingly complex or difficult Transformation.

In recent memory, WFC Prime and Leader ROTF Prime are the only 'new' toys I've HAD to use the instructions to figure out.

And seeing as neither have Vehicle to Robot and Robot to Vehicle dual instructions, I can't say I like or dislike the 'new trend' in instruction manuals. :p 

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It's one of those things that seems like it should have been an obvious inclusion years ago.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

During RID They did show you both steps. I think it stopped with Armada or Energon. I have bought a few new toys and didn't notice the inclusion of the reverse, which toy did you get it with?

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

All of the Generations figures come with them. Not sure about HFTD.

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Count me in that group too. It sometimes seems as though it is more of a challenge to follow the instruction though...

I think it makes sense to include both transformations as they are packaging more figures in bot mode now, so it is just easier to include both instructions.

I wonder how far we are from Hasbro just telling people to go to the Website for step by step instructions???

19. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It is more helpful so I guess it's a good change.

I used to be one of "never look at instructions" guys, but since I broke Classics Rodimus I look at an instruction if I read people commenting on the fragility of the figure. Also I'm getting old and can't cope with much brain activity :( 

20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like that they take twice as long to scan into my computer, but other than that, it's not a big deal. I only use the instructions for the first transformation anyway, just to make sure I don't break anything.