Anyone know??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Dime, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

Where I can get MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Prime - 2nd Edition? Cheap. Every place I've found wants 210+

I have the first release and I hate it.

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait till Christmas/Black Friday

3. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You can try the Junkion exchange... There may be someone with Takara MP-09(2) wanting to sell it for a little cheaper than $210..

4. Optimus Dime

Well, my Sister-in-Law is getting me a new one. As an early Birthday Gift. So seeing as she is going to do that I did a little "modding" on my Mp-09.

First the tabs that won't hold his spoiler up. I took a heat pin. Melted the tips of the two little tabs and slowly added to the top. A lot of touch and go slowly adding a tiny bit here and there to them. Now tabs perfect. And really you can't see what I did.

Then, I put a little heat over the peg holes in his hands. Once heated a tad bit, I pushed down slightly on it, to move the plastic inward a small bit. Guns hold in his hand perfect now. Nice and tight, and once again... can't see it was modded.

Now for the floppy wrests. I took a little silicone clear calking on the tip of a knife. I slowly added it to each side of the inside of his wrests. Made them much tighter, and again can't see it.

Now for the leg panels. They do pop off, but I push them right back on if they do, and they work the same as if they hadn't came off. They seem to be like a friction type of pin. Least on mine.

Hope this helps anyone who got the first run of Rodimus. Small easy fixes.

Best Regards,

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if they are a friction type mushroom pin on the leg panels, you have version 2. get mp-10 instead, lol. much better mold

6. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So you already have V1 but you're getting V2? As someone who owns both, it's not worth it.

Check out my review in the feedback forum for MP-09. As Brr-icy said, GET MP-10!:thumbs2: 

7. Optimus Dime

Already have MP-10. I got him and Mp-09 around the same time. About a week apart. As for the legs, it looks almost like friction. It isn't Checked the box, for the stamp and it is V1. Oh well, not a big deal. I did some modding on it to fix it. One will just stay in the box, and this one I have will stay on the shelf for display.

Best Regards,

8. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I feel bad for your sister in-law. Your goin to make her spend $200 on a figure that you already have ( an fixed pretty dam well too ) just so you could leave it in a box?

9. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Optimus Dime

She watched me mod the one I have. And I told her well you won't have to get it. She said, "No, I want to buy it. Just keep it in the box." So it is her choice, lol. I won't complain though, it is a sweet thing for her to do.

Oh yes, yes! I am going to be getting him. I love the new mold. I have Skywarp and Starscreams Walmart release. The Starscream I never opened because of how rare the US one has become.

But I am so getting this one, and having him out of the box in his glory.

Best Regards,