Anyone know what's going on with the iGear G2 Ramjet figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by HighPrime, May 26, 2012.

1. HighPrime

HighPrime Wake up with the King!

News Credits:
    Haven't heard (or maybe I missed it) any news on this. Paid quite a while ago and I PM'd the seller (dragonclaw, right?). No response.

[FONT=&quot]Merchant[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Derek Strachan[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Instructions to merchant[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    You haven't entered any instructions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Description[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Unit price[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Qty[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Amount[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Comic Ink Exclusive iGear "G2 Ramjet" style PREORDER
    Item# CMK02[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]$180.00 USD[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]1[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Subtotal[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Shipping and handling[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]$20.00 USD[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Total[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]$200.00 USD[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Payment[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]$200.00 USD[/FONT]​

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd heard that Comic Ink had been handed a C&D by Hasbro over this. You should be getting a refund on this if you put the money down on it already.

3. HighPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info. I paid:

[FONT=&quot]Feb 9, 2012 11:08:15 CST
    Transaction ID: 1MJ92749UU744811A[/FONT]

I did PM him, but I've heard nothing. At this point, I feel like I'm out $200.... I just opened a case with PayPal, but it's far beyond the limit to which they get involved.

Very annoying...

4. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Apparently, someone notified hasbro that comic ink was going to sell a special version of iGear's Ramjet (the G2 jet) because he feels that copyright infringement is bad and 3rd party products are evil.

Hasbro subsequently started threatening with lawyers and comic ink decided to cancel their plans for MP G2 Ramjet.

There was a very interesting and entertaining topic that sadly has been deleted.

Anyway, endresult is that comic ink won't be selling this figure and iGear also doesn't seem interested in releasing more MP seekers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  5. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm really surprised Hasbro needs whistle blowers. Its hard for me to believe this stuff really just flies under their radar to the point they need people to tell them about this stuff.

6. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I saw this sig this morning.

[​IMG]

That chinese kid speaks volumes of hilarity and truth about what the author of the sig was trying to say...

That's the first time I found out what happened to one of the Igear seekers/coneheads. Below the sig says: Casuality of tattling.

7. HighPrime

News Credits:
    Not that this isn't entertaining about what happened (though I have no idea who you're talking about unless it's Jin).. but I'm more interested to find out if Derek is dead, running for his life, or has any interest in refunding the money people paid...

8. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dragonclaw seems like a decent guy. You may be able to look up his phone number off his store. He owns a store in Dublin, Ca called Comic Ink. I am sure you can look up a phone number for the physical store if you want to talk to him about it.

9. HighPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info. I disagree with him being a decent guy - a decent guy would have kept his customers up-to-date and refunded their money once things went south instead of what he's doing now.

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Yea, paying in February and having to wonder about your shit in May is pretty messed up.

11. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Dragonclaw did say that this was cancelled, though he did not mention any outstanding orders. I have dealt with him in the past with no problems, I would be surprised if he does not get back to you. I doubt he's living on the boards checking messages over the holiday weekend.

12. HighPrime

News Credits:
    I doubt that as well, which is why I emailed him earlier. I found the link to his website, so will be calling on Wednesday if I don't hear back.

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knew it had been stopped but I didn't know why

That explains the vibe in his radicons thread

Did this guy get his money back from igear or is he stuck with stuff he can't sell

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the thread on here did have up to the minute information, until it went south after the ratting, he's fairly active and i'm willing to bet he gets back to you with a full refund asap

15. HighPrime

News Credits:

I hope you're right.

16. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    As long as he doesn't do that 10% restocking bullshit that iGear does... I'm surprised more people don't complain about that.

17. HighPrime

News Credits:

There's nothing to restock, but if I see any $$$ I will consider myself lucky.

18. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    iGear did it when they canceled the simplified PP01. I forget the specifics, but the cash refund option was less than the people paid (essentially being charged for a preorder that was never filled). The only way to get the full value of what you paid back was to order something else.

Like I said, surprised that didn't show up in any of the other "Why we should hate iGear" threads.

It's also the only reason I haven't moved my PP05 preorder to BBTS... Pay $110 a year ago, get $99 back, only to go pay $130 (I don't POL, so I'd have to front cost and shipping)...? Doesn't make any financial sense.

19. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The G2 Ramjet by iGear did get released in China. One of my friends who lives there mentioned that they were easy to find, and cheaper than what they were going to cost through Comic Ink. Something like $60 US or so. Can't remember the exact pricing.

20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    Right the original page did keep things up to date. Then it was closed for going the same way this one will, I suspect.

Just to let the original poster know, I ordered mine through Comic Ink as well and Dragonclaw refunded my money shortly after he let us all know what was happening. I would say that he's still kinda bummed about the whole deal and just hasn't gotten around to it if you haven't gotten a refund yet. That you've sent him a PM will help. Again, that's Dragonclaw if you haven't. Edit: Oh, and I got a full refund, extra G2 style guns cost and all.

It does suck, I was hoping to own a second to display one in jet mode and another in bot mode and had no problem supporting a store just trying to make some money. The real sad part to all of this is that Comic Ink [from what I gathered] attempted to go through Hasbro first for an exclusive similar to the ones BBTS releases but the Big H pretty much told them they weren't big enough to warrant the attention. Then some fool from this site goes and whistle blows and ruined a good thing.