Anyone know of any 3D animated fan films being made?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Star Cracker, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

I'm just curious to see if anyone's knowledgeable of projects that are being formed or have already started. I know of at least two movie-verse projects, and I remember Redemption a while back, and the occasional Randall Ng/Dr. Smoov collaborations, but that's really it. Google Search really hasn't turned up anything under Transformers Fanfilms or Movie projects and anything else seems to be toy-related.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Galvanitro's been putting some stuff out in the fanart section that looks like its shaping up into something neat...

3. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

4. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I am familiar with the Michael Smith VW Transformer. I am kind of surprised that there aren't any group projects asides from the movie-verse "Key to Vector Sigma" and I don't know what happened to Redemption. I have seen czacen's amazing Beast Wars model updates.

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Welll, depends on how specifically TF you desire the project to be, and how much the particulars of medium matter to you, but I'm working on an original Super-Robot themed animated film using a variety of techniques (a little stop motion, a little cell, some true 3D) to create a 3D look and feel, with a little bit of a different style.

I've got a few short test animations up on my channel, such as this:

lipsynctest.mov - YouTube