anyone know anything as to what universe figs will be released in 2010?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatron784, Jun 7, 2009.

1. megatron784

megatron784 Well-Known Member

so im new to TF's, and was wondering if anyone new any rumors or anything as to what universe TF's will come out after the movie toys are done with. im curious.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Rhinox and Soundwave (I think) have been confirmed as to be at least in the planning stages.

Wheeljack's been hinted at.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember hearing something about Rhinox at least.

Might be quite a few unreleased Animated toys there if Hasbro hasn't found an outlet for them before then. :) 

4. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

^ This. Definitely Rhinox is being talked about. One of the designers said he wanted him to be in the next roundup when Universe returns.

Hasbro basically said in one of their Q&As that they're considering Wheeljack as well, because he's so well loved.

So there's a good chance we could see both of those figures. (Soundwave I dunno. What with him being reissued under the Classics lineup, back in '06-'07)

I'd still like to see them make a Supreme (Unicron/Primus size class) Animated Omega Supreme, or at least a Leader Class with miniature figures to sell the illusion of massive scale.

It doesn't have to be enormously gigantic or anything ridiculous, but a show accurate transformation and some impressive size would help, really.

5. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

well it's about damn time wheeljack was made proper. :D 

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'd really like to see the occasional Japanese character made. I want an updated Star Saber, dammit!

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just hope Jazz makes the cut when the time comes.

8. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

He's my #1 favorite! And totally under-used/neglected/forgotten.

Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!

YES!!! And Dai Atlas, Overlord & Deszarus.

9. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

We'll need a Hasbro version of the Red Alert that Takara has already done as well.

I wonder if the new Animated stuff will be put out under the Universe label.

10. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Like my previous post mentioned, I'd be all for Animated going in under the Universe label. For two reasons...

1.) We'll finally get Arcee, Rodimus, and so on.
    2.) With Universe being an ongoing project/product, there's no reason to believe it would have to be the end of Animated figures after Arcee and co. are produced and sold.

As long as they're Legends, Deluxe, or Voyager Classes, the figures finally end up selling. Generally they sell out rather quickly. (They start out slow at first, you'll see Waves 1 and 2 clog, then all of a sudden, they're gone in a rush.)

Well, I'll say Legends and Deluxe sell nicely. The initial runs of Voyager Class fare well, and new molds especially. But restocks of the same old figures just shelfwarm.

Ultra Class suffered the worst. It's clogging so many shelves around here, I could warm two houses all winter with all of the shelfwarming they're doing. I haven't seen so many Powerglides, Onslaughts (he's the biggest 'warmer), Silverbolts, and the TRU exclusives in...well...ever. When we had the AEC trilogy, you stood a good chance of having a bit of a chase to find the figures you wanted. Like Cybertron's Mixmaster and Wing Saber. Now we have Universe, molds that people clamored for for years, and they ain't movin' worth a shit.

I doubt we'll see another Ultra Class when Universe returns. I'd like to see what they could do with Leader Class, but they only get 3-4 per year, and they usually go into the mainline.

Ah well. At least the good stuff is just around the corner.

11. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    You reckon The IDW Character Drift will most probably be sold underneath the Universe Label?

12. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

IIRC...one of the panels (Hasbro's, I believe) said that it wouldn't be impossible to have him in the lineup. Nowhere near a guarantee, but that they'd look into it.

That's a good first step towards having a new character in plastic.

...I seriously need to see what the hell the deal's all about when it comes to this guy. =\

13. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Oh god I hope so. I loves me some Wheeljack.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just hints so far. Unless something leaks out of the factories I think it will be Toy Fair next year before we get solid information about what will be in the Universe line and some pictures of the toys.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Soundwave, Jazz, Wheeljack, and that Titanium/Deluxe Cosmos would be sweet.