Anyone know anything about media sharing with an XBOX 360 ?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mighty.Maximal, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I've been scratching my head about it for most of the day.

My computer senses the 360 and it shows up on the network - it can even borrow my internet connection via the cable with no problems.

But I can not see to get it to share any media.

Anyone got any tips ?

For example would I need to be signed in as an administrator for it to work ?

I have all the sharing functions I think should be turned on but when it tries to configure Media center it gets stuck part way through the configuration process and just stops.

I understand it's often a pain getting this to work so I thought I'd ask if anyone encountered a similar problem that might solve this issue ?

I'm getting some connectivity between the two machines but I couldn't really get the wireless function working either - I'm asuming they should be able to talk to each other as an adhoc wireless network but that don't work either... (only works with a cable)

Ideas welcome

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

It can be a pain, in Xp I had to tell Windows Media Player to allow access as well as make sure the individual folders were set to share. Not much problems with Win7/Media Center other than it forgets my 360 some times.

I don't really have a solution for you but here are MS guides to setting it all up.
    Enjoy media from your computer

Set up a Windows Media Center Extender device

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Operating system?

4. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I use a nice program called TVersity. Never really have any problems with it. I can run video and music files through both my PS3 and 360 with it. They have a free version, which is what I use.

TVersity - Home

5. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i use connect360 and ps3 media server with no problems at all, but i run osx. they might have pc versions but i don't know.

6. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Thing is crazy I can get media center to run but I can't get photo or video sharing to work at all. it's lost the name of the PC and can't find it and the internet connection extension has stopped working so now i've got Media Center but no live.

Crazy thing.

[edit] - Update

I'm using Windows 7 with Media Center installed

I don't think it's a fire wall issue.

I'm not even sure what I did to get the Media Center working - but what ever it started working and the internet bridging stopped.

Also Am I right in thinking that linking the 360 with a cable does not work with media sharing and internet connection at the same time as they are trying to use the same cable.

When I had a working internet connection on Wednesday on the 360 I could see any media - but the photo's would show the names and it could see the drives but none of them would open.

I was wondering if it was because there's some odd interference between internet and sharing of media.

I'm guessing it's theoretically possible to do what I actually want to do which is to get my router to help the computer and 360 to talk to each other with out a cable.. as my BT hub is supposed to be able to do this but It's got me scratching my head.

Perhaps I need to look at BT help files rather than Microsoft ones.

Shame computers never just work and do what you want them too.