Anyone know about 86 Mets Memorabilia?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mark94, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

I won this when I was in fifth grade in a school raffle and I think the time has come to sell it since I'm not into the Mets.

It's framed and has 10 1986 Topps baseball cards mounted in plastic sleeves (Dave Johnson, Dwight Gooden, Sid Fernandez, Wally Backman, Mookie Wilson, Keith Hernandez, Darryl Strawberry, Jesse Orosco, Roger McDowell and Ron Darling) along with the Sports Illustrated magazine issue.

Anyone know a value on this and are there certain sports memorabilia places online that would be good to sell it to or contact about buying it?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

My brother is a huge Mets fan, I'll point him at this thread tomorrow and see if he has an idea.

3. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

Thanks man, it's pretty much been sitting under my bed for 22 years (we were Yankee fans).

Mark

4. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Predaking is a member here and he's big Mets fan too. I'd suggest talking to him as well.

5. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I'm a big baseball memorabilia collector, and to be honest that's not going to fetch too much. The '86 Topps cards themselves, outside of a few players, have very little value in the market (pennies on the dollar, really) because they aren't highly traded.

I'd hold onto it for sentimental value to save yourself the trouble.

6. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, I really didn't think it was going to be worth much. I'm no collector but I know the cards aren't rookie cards or anything special :) 

I guess it will go back under the bed for another 22 years. If the Mets don't win the WS for another 22 years maybe it will be worth something then.

Thanks for the help!

7. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Just asked my brother about this, he said pretty much the same thing. He thinks because it's a special piece it may fetch $25-$50, but that's a very rough estimate.