Anyone into EU law? European Transformers toys question.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nevermore, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Ever since the second wave of Energon combiners, the European Hasbro packaging of Transformers toys, be they carded or boxed, started omitting the box art in favor of photos of the actual toys. This affects Alternators (beginning with Swindle) as well as Cybertron.

My own theory is that this is not the latest evil scheme by Hasbro UK, but rather the fulfilment of a new EU law that prohibits artistic renditions of the product on the packaging and requires actual photographic depictions instead.

Does anyone know more about EU law to confirm or debunk this?

2. Fortress_Wise

Fortress_Wise Head of Dalyst

Hmmm, I have noticed a few Energon Windrazor boxes with Art on and some without, and my Alternators have photos on. Maybe there is a new law.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm not up on it, unfortunately, but it would not surprise me. It makes a lot of sense. I'll take a look next time I'm up a toy aisle and see if any other products have boxart, or if they are all photo-only.
    I can understand the logic (false advertising, same reason the packaging no longer has toys in battlescenes with fantasy laser effects and stuff) but really, now it's gone too far.

4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

We've had similar laws here for donkeys years relating to food ingredients, so it wouldent surprise me if such a thing was extended to other products.

Nor would it suprise me if this was one of the several thousand pointless stealth laws passed every year by the unaccountable freeloading gits in Brussels to justify thier own existence.