Customs: Anyone in Edmonton willing to help me out? - Masterpiece Acidstorm

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Polenicus, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Okay, here's the issue - I curretly have an original Masterpiece Starscream (Currently standing in for Thundercracker) which is slightly damaged, Masterpiece Skywarp, and Masterpiece G1 Starscream. I also have Masterpiece Thundercracker on pre-order, which will replace Greenscream.

This leaves a Masterpiece seeker which, while a little damaged, would be an absolute shame to waste.

I was considering repainting him into Acidstorm, given the color scheme of the little Universe figure is fairly simple. However, I've only got experience using brushes, and I know they won't cut it. I've also never painted anything this complex or large before, and potentially ruining a $100 toy gives me serious pause. I'd have to upgrade to an airbrush system, which would be pricey, and involve a learning curve. I'd also have to tackle something more complex than Armored Core weapon kits.

Still, I like this idea. Is there anyone in the Edmonton area who might be able to help me with this? It'd be a collaboration, not a commission.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

You could still use brushes if you know what you're doing. Just remember to apply THIN coats.

There isn't really an absolute correct way (i.e. enamels v. acrylics, brushes v. sprays) to doing painting figures.

3. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Okay... after painting a test model... I'm going to give this a try.

Acid Storm's color scheme is fairly simple... I'll just need to dismantle MP Screamer as much as possible.

Wish me luck!

4. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    good luck!