Anyone here who still has pics of old unreleased toys saved?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nevermore, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I'm currently working on updating my old "whatever happened to...?" thread. Currently I'm looking for more photos of old unrelesed toys:
    - Beast Wars Cheetor repaint (grey with yellow robot parts)
    - Beast Wars Tarantulas repaint (see here)
    - Beast Wars Transmetal Waspinator repaint (see here)
    - Beast Wars Mutant Soundwave repaint (see here)
    - Armada Hot Shot repainted as G1 Smokescreen (see here)
    - Armada Wheeljack repainted as G2 Drench (see here)
    - Armada Jetfire repainted as "Spacewarp" (see here)
    - Energon Megatron repaint (see here)
    - Energon "Santa" Optimus Prime repaint (see here)

Note that I'm specifically looking for old eBay auction images and "first look" photos posted by the likes of P.Prime or S250.

2. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Got your PM Nevermore, I'm looking through my harddrive for old pics of Spacewarp and the like.

Here's the link to all my Universe Piranhacon pics in case you needed again, and in case anyone ever wanted to take another look at these cool little guys:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v338/Scowly/Universe%20Seacons/

3. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Already got the Seacons. :) 

4. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

has hasbro said anymore about them comeing out target would sale them like hotcakes

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm sure with how hard they've been fighting to get them released SOMEWHERE, there would be an update once they were scheduled.

6. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Based on what?

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

Out of curiosity, how long is it going to be till Hasbro gives up trying to find a retailer to carry the Seacons, and just goes ahead and sells them through HTS?

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    YEARS. TFs will be dead before they give up. :D 

9. Nevermore

News Credits:
    DISCLAIMER: Unless stated otherwise, the following is purely my own speculation, I do not claim having any "secret insider knowledge" or anything. :) 

We heard from BotCon 2005 that the only reason Astrotrain was still being made available through the Hasbro Toy Shop was because Hasbro had already produced a large number of units. So to them, it was probably more a case of "minimizing the loss" rather than "making a profit off it".

I assume that the Seacons never made it past the test shot stage. Therefore, Hasbro are still looking for a store that's willing to carry them as an exclusive and share a portion of the production costs, and thereby the risk.

Astrotrain has been listed as "in stock" since December 2005. Supposedly, he's limited to 3,000 pieces. The price is a LOT more civil than whatever TRU would have asked for him. In fact, it's slightly below the price of the Takara reissue (not the e-Hobby version), shipping directly from the USA instead of Japan.

Astrotrain is still not sold out.

Go figure.

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I'd say I could take pics of Drench, but you've got a pretty good gallery of those...I have this image of Cheetor though :) 

[​IMG]

11. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

every t fan whats them thats what i mean

12. Nevermore

News Credits:
    And that's how many potential buyers exactly?

13. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Eleventy-million*, last count.

*unofficially, of course.

14. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Spacewarp 1, 2.

The second pic looks a bit odd and has the shield doubled because I tried to crop out the other figure in the proto auction - Storm Jet. Purple Autobot symbol or not, nobody needs to see him more often than necessary. :)  I used to have a couple Mutant Soundwave pics from P.Prime I think, in both modes even, but not anymore sadly.

Love the Cheetor pic Dragonclaw! That one doesn't happen to be yours, does it? I would really like to see his robot mode, which I don't remember from the old proto pics.

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

Anyone else really wishing Universe had lived long enough for us to have gotten that Drench figure?

16. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    I WISH the Cheetor pic was mine :(  Unfortunately I decided that I was "wasting too much money" buying test shots of toys that would be out in just a couple months...that's when all the cancelled Universe hit :cry 

The only one I've scored to date is (Ironic considering the previous post) Drench :D 

17. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

You are one lucky guy to have that much, of the various incredible repaints never to see the light of day. Of all of them, though, I can live without Tarantulas since we have at least the repainted BW10th version. For a very short time, I was so enamored with my new Poison Bite that I wanted to try getting the blue Soundwave... but finding those protos is impossible these days.

You know, Drench was the ultimate homage. A good, popular mold in neat, unique colors that are also a perfect match for the original, and his name and identity was the perfect answer to the original Drench's double life as both Autobot and Decepticon. Really cool on all fronts, I definitely lament his loss and hope he's one of the two rumored remolded Armada guys coming in Cybertron.

18. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I got a Proto Drench from KensCollection for a fairly reasonable price. I had decided I wanted at least 1 Test Shot/Proto in my collection.

I chose the Drench one seeing as I liked the Wheeljack/Rampage mold so much.

19. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

I thought it was kind of ironic that Universe died just as the paint schemes were finally improving, along with the more interesting mold selection.

Hopefully the Seacons will someday find a retailer willing to sell them. I'm not as pessimistic as I once was. If the movie does well, and all the TF lines and sublines are selling, there will probably be a retailer who will take them at that point. A big if, but at least it's a hopeful one.

20. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    I was offered the choice of Drench or Smokescreen when I picked him up. There was really never a choice (Though I did agree not to even haggle, but if he ever decides to sell Smokescreen as well I get 1st shot :D  ). I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of Drench. One of the Universe figures who was VERY well thought out...too bad that was lost on some, but I'd be very happy to buy him again if he ends up being one of the remolds. I still fail to see how we got 3 Sideswipe repaints/remolds and the Wheeljack mold gets ZERO :lol 

The mutant Soundwave was interesting...I just didn't like the Mutants that much...out of all of the unreleased stuff I really wanted Megatron, Cheetor, Spacewarp & the Seacons :)  Those are the ones I would love to see finally hit store shelves (Heck Spacewarp instead of the Overbite/Repungus set would have rocked, especially since they didn't repaint Hellscream for the release...)