Anyone here taken apart G1 Omega Supreme?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by periL75, Apr 6, 2009.

1. periL75

periL75 Soft Fleshy Bi-Ped

Ebay:
    Hi all,
    I'm hoping someone might have a little advice.

I know we've gotta have some veteran G1 repairmen here:cool: 

I've got a vintage Omega Supreme here, his electronics all work great & everything is fine with him, except one little thing. His ON/OFF switch has been pushed into the body. I can grab it with tweezers & everything seems intact, except it's obviously no longer held in place, just sitting loose in the body.
    I'm trying to decide whether or not to break into this thing & figure out a way to remedy this, but I'm scared, LOL.

I've got a little experience with opening up & fixing bots, but just pretty simple things like getting into Blaster to repair his door function, Scattershot to repair the button function, etc, but that's about as complicated as I've done.

I really want to get into this guy, but have never opened one up before.
    If I do am I going to regret it?
    He works, so I don't want to make things worse :S lol I can totally see me taking out some screws, slowly removing a shell & POP, jack in the box type scene with springs & wires exploding on me, hahaha, ermmmmmm, yeah.

Thanks for reading & if anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate anything:D 

Ian

Edit: Sorry, I just realized as soon as I posted this that I probably should have asked in the Radicons section.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Similar thing happened to an OS I had a while back. No springs that I remember. It was a fairly easy fix IIRC, but be careful as it's been about 10 years since I fixed my old one.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Depends on how far in you have to go and how careful you are. I fixed the electronics in a friend of mine's OS a few years ago and the dog knocked it off the table while I was working on it. Gears EVERYWHERE. I finally got it all back together, but man, NOT fun.

4. periL75

Ebay:
    Right on right on.
    Thanks for the replies & notes on experience guys! I think I'll go for it.......and if things awry I'll come in & blame you guys:gen069:  lol

and lol Peaugh, that sounds like hell. I'll keep out of reach of the dog here.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  5. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I did an OS repair job on one I had. Just be careful taking everything apart and it shouldn't be too bad. Just keep the dog out of the room. :wink: 

6. periL75

Ebay:
    HAHA! The dog was far far away the last couple hours.

And woot, just got done & it's pretty fun in there, lol.
    Really wasn't too bad once ya kinda figure out what everything does & where it goes if you accidently knock any gears out of place or whatever. Little stressful at times, but a little stress is good for ya:) 
    Oh & ending up with a couple extra screws at the end only to realize you gotta take it back apart to put em where they go is fun too.

Thanks guys:thumbs2: