Anyone here know about cat health?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bryan, May 4, 2007.

1. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My cat's nictating membranes have been slightly visible (covering maybe 10-20%) of his eye for about a week now. I just noticed it one day, as far as I can tell there wasn't a specific cause or event that triggered it. They're equally visible, but he doesn't have any other signs or symptoms--no redness, drainage, nothing. And he's acting the same as he always does.

He has a vet appointment at the end of the month (I take him every six months for a checkup), but is this something I should get looked at now instead of waiting a few weeks?

EDIT: Jesus, I made a hear-here error. Chalking it up to waking at 3 AM for 2 weeks now...

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to say I don't know much about that issue but I'd say if you love your cat, as I assume you do, and it worries you, it's worth it not to wait, have it looked into now.

3. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

Perhaps you should have your cat looked at as soon as possible?

How old is your cat? Maybe it's part of advancing age?

4. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Id get the cat checked out as soon as you can, just to be on the safe side.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    So you can see them a little and you usually can't? And nothing else is wrong?

No idea, but depending on where you live, I'd say it may have to do with the changing seasons (something like allergens in the air maybe, or temperature). Did you look it up online at all?

I would just call the vet and ask before overreacting and dropping everything else.