Anyone here into stocks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bradforj, Apr 18, 2009.

1. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got into stocks and think I am on to a real winner. I am curious if others here invest in stocks, and what you think about Bebida Beverage. This is the first real dive I have taken into the stock scene, as I now own 1.4 million shares. It sounds like a lot, but the company is only worth .0005 per share.

Any thoughts?

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    So, you own like 500 dollars worth of stocks. I'm not into the stock market at all, but if the stock went up likes 3 cents you'd have made a fortune i think like 30 G. Um, I have no idea what I'm talking about though so whatever. For my consult you owe me 10% of what you make now.

3. bradforj

News Credits:
    I'm hoping it explodes and hits 50 cents :) 

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Hmmm an energy drink called Koma. I think they might need more market research on that one...
    I do have some shares of stock but I really don't play the market. Hopefully your investment will net you a nice profit in the long run.

5. bradforj

News Credits:
    Actually, Koma is an anti-energy drink. It is supposed to help people relax and unwind.

6. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Call Jim Cramer during Mad Money and ask his opinion on the stock.

7. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

Brad, do you have any evidence that this is a real company? It looks to me like it might be a pump and dump deal. In other words, a zero sum gain stock, where someone has to lose in order for someone to gain.

They seem to have no products or manufacturing capability, no headquarters, and no money. They have a few websites (cost $200?) and sponsorships (cost $1000 each?), but that is what you do when you want to push a made-up company.

I found this on their website:

"Piranha Spring Water is coming to a retail location near you! If the store you visit doesn't carry Piranha Spring Water, please take the time to inform management that you would appreciate if they would contact their local distributor to begin supplying them with Piranha Spring Water."

Local distributor? I couldn't find a distributor list on their site.

"United States Presence
    Bebida Beverage Company recently announced that the company would be locating the base of the company's North American presence in Las Vegas, NV."

They don't have an HQ yet?

I usually don't post much but this thread compelled me because I would hate to see you get burned by some possible fly-by-night company. $700 is a lot to throw onto a penny stock with no balance sheet.

I'd hate to tell you to sell it while you can and be wrong about it, so if you have any info I might have overlooked, then use your best judgment, otherwise be careful with this one.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i got stocks but i dont really check it...it stocks that work gives...i think im losing money...

9. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Stocks is like... legal betting. You'll get chastised either way if you lose money, but at least the police won't take you away!

... I think I got that right... I think.

10. bradforj

News Credits:
    I think they were headed toward the pump and dump six months ago, but they have a new CEO who actually appears to be getting distributorship deals. I have obtained a can of the Tamarind Potencia drink and it was quite good. I saw the water on shelves in NC. They are a real company, with real product. That is the only reason I put so much into it.

I have been burned before though. Just look at INDR, Indie Ranch Media. Constant PR's, no real operation other than a website, and their stock is diluted. That little stock taught me a lot.