Anyone here hate the Animated Optimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by dare, Feb 11, 2008.

1. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Coz i do.

I wasn't particularly impressed after the first pilot "movie", but i thought I'd give him a chance. But episode after episode, he's been a let down.

We've already seen previous Primes trying to do the young and unsure dance. Rodimus did it, Primal did it. And I think they both did it better. Primal especially, came across as a character who, through his own fortitude, gained the respect of his crew and even his enemies.

Ani-Prime just comes across as a dweeb. He hardly has any self respect, and he seems more like a stupid punk kid trying to act like a leader. At least Primal and Roddy displayed some "Prime" qualities in their tenure as leaders. This new Prime is an idiot. He calls out orders with no sense of authority. And when others make fun of Bumblebee's sore point, he's the first to laugh about it. You'd think someone named after the great G1 version would at least chide the guys and remind them that height isn't everything. Nope, nada, not a word out of Dweebimus.

The last time I had this bad taste about a "young" version of a character was when I saw Hayden trying to act in AOTC. Young Vader my ass.

2. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love animated optimus and if I were a lady bot would have his children for good measure

its a new dawn, its a new day, and I'm feeling good so embrace animated and all its cartoony goodness

3. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    I kissed mine. :p 

4. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol :) 

5. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    well this is a prime that is alot like a young punk that washed out of boot camp. and mind you there is also sentinel prime too so the prime monicker must not mean that much now

6. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I don't really hate him, but yeah, he does kinda come off as a bit of a-dare I say-dick at times.

But until Leader Megatron and Sentinel Prime shows up (that's when he should get some real character development), I'll withhold judgement.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

don't know... but from what i've seen, i like the different take on the same character.

it's nice to have a prime who wants to be something bigger and better then he is.

also, g1 is dead, live with it. lol

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No. I like him, he's the first time I've actually liked Optimus Prime.

9. Dolza_Khyron

he's also the first optimus prime that is not super powerful either.

10. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    I heart TFA Optimus.

Also, your avatar is WONDERFULLY creepy.

11. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is prime gonna get an alt mode by the way

im sure ive seen pics of animated prime with a trailer .I wonder if he'll combine. id like to see the size of that axe. Anyway if they do give him a super mode ill like even more but i like animated prime anyway he gives room for other chars to develop and teamwork p.s. is it just me or do u think he looks a bit like cybertron prime

12. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Cybertron Prime/Galaxy Convoy/Galaxy Prime doesn't look one thing close to Animated Prime.

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think it's just the windows in alt mode.

14. Dolza_Khyron

i don't know, all primes look the same don't they? lol!

15. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

Too soon to tell

The one simple thing that discredits your opinion is that you're basing it on comparisons to Characters that had opportunities to be fully fleshed out over Multiple seasons of Cartoons. Beast Wars had 3 seasons to develop Primal... then add in further development during Beast Machines. G1 had the movie, season 3 and season 4 to develop Hotrod/Rodimus.

Animated OP has been on screen for a full 8 or 9 Episodes... and is supposed to be portrayed as a unsure, leader type. In theory, it makes sense to me... Starting OP off as 'type C' leader then have him gradually become 'type A' leader - this seems like the making of a story that really develops it's characters to me.

I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong. But wouldn't your opinion be worth more mustard if you had a full season's (or two) worth of examples of why this version of OP stinks?

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No. Especially after only a handful of episodes.

17. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

They have yet to have a 'Prime centric' episode. Until that happens, we don't have a good grasp on how they plan to develop him further.

18. Mexi-Con

Mexi-Con ...Stop Me When I'm Lying

Ebay:
    LOL!! I love it!! :rock 

19. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know. I really have not seen enough episode of the new animated TF. All I've seen so far were the pilot episode on Youtube.com and that's it. I don't hate it but I don't like it. G1 Prime is still the best because if you are not a fan of transformers and you see it you'll know that somehow that is the leader of the good guys because of the way he carries himself. He respects everyone that is why he is respected more. I just wish they have continued were G1 left off but I guess its all in a different direction now. I'm just fortunate I was a kid back then when Transformers owned every kid.
    TF forever!

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea but after how long? Hot Rod was a %^&up initially, and Primal took some time to become a better leader. Animated Prime hasn't gotten his leader killed unlike Hot Rod, so he is already doing better. By season's end I'm sure he will have better leadership qualities. He is young, when he grows there is potential that will be utilized. The season isn't even over yet so I think its a bit much to expect animated Prime to be a straight up faction leader. Besides, both of those guys led their entire factions, not just a small team like animated Prime. Animated Ultra Magnus is in their position, not animated Prime.