Anyone here ever tried to get a job @ TRU just for the toys?!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by OptimusAutobot, Dec 22, 2006.

1. OptimusAutobot

OptimusAutobot Banned

OK poll time. Who here has ever tried to get a job at TRU just for collecting purposes?

When did you try? What were you collecting at the time? and How many times have you tried?

Were you successful or unsuccessful in getting a job there?

In my lifetime, I've probably tried 3-4 times to get a job at TRU and never even got so much as a callback. I was always trying to get a job there because I've always been a tou collector.

It's always been something for me: He-man, TF's, McFarlane, etc.

I figured this thread would be fun and we'd get some interesting stories out of it.

LET THE POSTING BEGIN!!! GO NUTS!!

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    To answer your initial question, no.

3. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I had a job there, but I didn't specifically want the job because I collected Transformers; I was unemployed at the time. However, I was buying a Beast Machines Mega class Cheetor when I decided to ask if they were hiring. :D 
    I worked there for 6 years before leaving out of disgust over store politics. From the begining I keept asking to get moved to the boys section, but they kept me stuck in the store room, unloading trailers and assembling bikes. The last christmas season, they finally hinted that they would move me to boys "If I proved myself" in the store room. Now, they had never complained about my work in the store room before, so that was kinda like a light kick in the teeth. When they finally did talk to me about promotion, IT WAS WITHIN THE STORE ROOM. I said no, and then they promoted someone else, and cut my hours. And left me working in the store room. I quit soon thereafter. It was only a 10% discount, but having first access to Alternators was well worth it. When distribution was good.

4. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it make sense to get a job somewhere else and just spend your money at TRU. Most jobs probably make more money than a sales clerk does.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think he's either talking about discounts or scalping.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

two winters ago I did overnight stocking at the framingham, ma tru. I got all of the energon stuff immediately, like the grimmy/swoop two pack, wingsaber, and the combiner limbs, all at 20 percent off. it was cool, and a fun place to work, but I NEVER, EVER suggest working 10pm-8am for anyone.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been working for Target (overnights at that) since just before I started by current TFs. So no, never applied at TRU. Being at Target works just as well though, that's how I've managed to get all my alts at retail, etc.

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I worked at a TRU for a few months while I was waiting to get rehired at my previous job. Was fired and needed to wait the 6 months before the new incoming manager could hire me back. I really didn't NEED the job and it was only for sundays but I figured I might as well get something I could collect on.

It was the time RID was out between january and june. Also when GIJoe was finishing the re-release of old figure and doing the new non-O-ring 2 packs.

9. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

no but i have always wanted too
    but id settle fopr a good wal-mart or target or something