Anyone hear from Transrepro.com?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TinManA.H., Jul 12, 2006.

1. TinManA.H.

TinManA.H. Artificial Hero

Hey gang,

I was just wondering if anyone had heard from the guys at Transrepro.com lately? Are they doing all right, healthwise? Are they back at doing orders, etc?

I hadn't heard back from them, etc. Thanks for any info!

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is the latest from Transrepro.com:

"March 2006 Update:

Our apologies for our recent absence but Ken had suffered a mild stroke last year which left him no feeling in his hands. Nerve damage as far as they can tell. He is doing better again but will never be able to feel things 100% again unfortunately. We are in the process of fulfilling old orders (with the help of some friends) and will answer new emails once those orders are taken care of. It's only fair to those who have waited patiently over the last few months. Once they have been taken care of, emails and orders will resume as normal. We thank you all for your support, understanding and mostly your patience. We will update this area as often as we can to keep you all in the loop.

Thank you
    Transrepro.com"

That can be found on their news page, here.

Besides this, I don't know of anyone who has heard of anything different (if someone else has anything else, please correct me!). I have had some translucent Alt Wheeljack heads ordered since October. I'm still waiting for anything to update me personally (such as an e-mail or something). I still am just waiting, hoping my order will be filled.

I do wish Ken well. I've had family dealings with strokes, and they are devestating. I do hope that he is able to turn over his operations to someone who can at least fill processed orders, turn it over to someone entirely, or (let's pray) be able to retake the reigns once again someday! Still prayin' for ya, Ken (and my WJ heads :p )!

3. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Same here. I've had a couple of orders placed since September last year. Nothing yet!

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The folks on Tfans - where I think he based the forum side of his business - were saying he had TWO strokes and that, if I remember correctly, one of the mold machines apparently blew up in this dude's face!

I would assume he's not going to be doing TF mold making for a loooong time. I had some thoughts about ordering repro parts from him a while back, but...with all the info I've heard about this guy and his poor health, I figured I'd leave him alone.

5. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    I guess I should kiss my $30 goodbye then. :( 

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
  7. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, he has had two. The initial one was a good while ago now. He did have a stroke, which came sometime shortly after on of the pressure pots exploded. It destroyed most of the raw supplies in the workshop, and did Ken some good damage too.

He had a second stroke, mosre recently, which is why he's out of action now.

8. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Damn....that's rough....