Anyone have the new AVP figs?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Robogeek28, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After watching Aliens VS Predator today, I'm contemplating getting the newer figs. I've found some on Ebay, but they're all stock photos which don't really give me a good idea what kind of articulation they have. I'm most interested in the Hybrid figure since I have other versions of Aliens and Preds, so I'm wondering if anyone here has one and would be willing to share pics?

2. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I didn't even know toys were being made.

I found them on BBTS and NECA makes them so I'm guessing they have decent articulation, but I don't know for sure.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I got a bunch of Aliens and Predator figs from McFarlane and I am definitely interested in AVP-R figs especially Hybrid and the Predator.

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I've got a few of the Preds, Aliens, and Alien Queen from Macfarlane, I'm guessing the articulation on these ones should be at least the same as the ones before them, here's hoping.

5. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

I picked up the alien, its way more articulated than Mcfarlane's. I absolutely love it. I want to get one of the 1:6 Hot Toys figures.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just broke down and ordered the Hybrid and regular Alien off of Ebay, now I'll just debate on whether to get another Predator or not, we'll see.

7. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    The Hybrid is terrible. I was surprised as I like most of what Neca has done in the past. The alien is great but both figures can only be posed in one pose and can't be altered much. The Hybrid is in some stupid half twisted pose and you can't move his torso at all. he does have a good neck joint but that is almost pointless.

They did a good job on the Hybrid's skull and you can see a 'skull' under the clear head piece. Its inner mandables have the same 4 pincers as its outer manables. it is a good sculpt but a terrible pose.

The alien is much better with some decient articulation but it is missing ankle articulation meaning you can only put the legs in one pose when standing it. The upper body is better with a good torso and neck joint.

Both come with small stands you can build that hold up the figures without a problem. The tails are poseable bendy tails that are really nicely done. The Hybrid has a dagger tail that looks good.

Ratings:
    Hybrid 5/10
    Alien 8/10

No preditors in the cases I got in. But did end up getting the Kotobukiya Predator around the same time. That one looks really good but I have not opened one up yet.

Spencer.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ugh, wish I'd waited to buy these then, damn my impatience!!:banghead: 

It's not like I would've played with them, but putting them in different poses would've been nice, ah well, live and learn I guess.:dunce 

9. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    :useless 

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ask and ye shall receive.

[​IMG]

I'm most impressed by the Warrior Alien, he has a neck joint, jaw moves slightly, shoulders move up and down, elbows, wrists, ball jointed hips(yay) knees, and ankles. He's very similar to the Mcfarlene version, although the first version (Mcfarlane) has ball jointed shouders, which is the only thing preferable to the newer version.

Now the Hybrid, the only question I have, is what happened here? He looks good, but has minimal articulation, no elbows, knees, or ankles, and is posed kind of awkwardly. He looks good, but I wish he was as articulated as his buddy is. The ball was dropped on this figure, I'd think with this being a new type of Alien in plastic form, they would've made him just as good.

[​IMG]

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, they do look good but the lack of articulation is wee bit disappointing. I'm curious...can the figures stand without the stands?

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Warrior Alien can, but the Hybrid is standing on his tippy toes with both legs so the stand is the only way to go with him(her?).