Anyone have the KO Powered Armor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TimToyGeek, Feb 22, 2011.

1. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

KOToys.com has a nice looking KO of the Fansproject Powered Armor for a decent price, certainly less than a real City Commander or Powered Armor goes.

I'm tempted - I don't have any of these yet, and I'd rather try a good KO than spend a lot of money on the real thing. Anyone have this or the other KOs of the mold? How are they?

I'm not really concerned with how they are compared to the real thing, more like durability, playability, etc. I'd like to have something that can work as a toy and not as a display piece.

Thanks

Tim
    "toy geek"

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    durability is fine on the shadow commander ko i used to have, but the fit and finish left a lot to be desired, the forearms would slide off, shoulders and crotch piece fell off, the gun wouldn't stay together, the only pieces that actually stayed on were the legs and chest (head fell off if you flipped the figure upside down, and the faceplate slid down the neck) not really worth the pricetag imo, but others have had better experiences than me

3. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The powered commander KO was a bit better than the shadow commander KO.
    The shoulders are a little wobbly, but can be fixed with some future, or crazy glue.

Everything else worked pretty good.
    The forearms were a little loose, but not to the point of falling off.

4. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    How easy is it to take one of these apart? Lots of screws or lots of pins, or a combo of both? Looks like the paint on them is a little sloppy, wondering how hard it would be to take one completely apart and repaint/touch up?

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Apparently the quality can be hit or miss. If any of the parts are too tight it could damage your Classics/Henkei Prime. I'd be careful with them, or sand down toght parts.

6. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  7. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got the KO City Commander. I love it. However I do see a few issues with it. The sholder piece inside is the same for both sides so on the right sholder the piece that should peg into the screw hole is on the wrong side. The forearms don't stay on but some doublesided tape helps. The only other issue is the bfg The clip to hold it together is really hard to put on and even when its on theres the issue of the handle being really floppy. The gun is so big though I don't bother using it. Everything else fit great and holdfs together good. For the price compared to the real armors you can't really go wroung with the KO unless you are really picky and want 100% perfection.

8. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anybody besides KO Toys sell these? I am really interested, but based on the feedback I've seen here, I am in no rush to place an order on that site. Price on this just dropped at KO Toys too. $40 plus shipping.

9. katch26

Ebay:
    just fyi kotoys reconfigured shipping costs so the figure might be cheaper but the shipping will probably be a little more. Not better or worse just different

10. NormanB

News Credits:
    BUMPAGE

Any feedback on a place to grab this armor online that's not KOTOYS?

11. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Www.acetoystore.com has it for $59.99. There was a thread on here yesterday discussing the site. Its currently on page 3. My city commander came from kotoys and I didn't have any trouble.

12. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    I just got a big box from KOToys without a hitch. Seems things are working just fine over there. I also have the KO Armor. One forearm was loose but easily fixed. Everything else is fine, plus you get the energon briefcase!

13. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The city commander ko was total crap, just check the reviews on the web. The shadow was ok and dia was ok from what I heard.

14. NormanB

News Credits:
    Actually with the new shopping costs, total price went up almost 20 bucks vs. what it would have cost a week or two ago.

I was thinking about giving that store a shot, but based on bad reviews and expensive shipping, I'll pass. :( 

15. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

Well, I read the reviews and went for the KO DIA Powered Armor set. True, the faster shipping option is expensive ($30 for a $40 figure!) but there was a $11 shipping option, so I went for that. I'm on the West Coast so we usually get airmail shipments relatively fast anyway.

Anything besides the forearms I should watch out for once I get the set? I know I may have to do some general tightening and maintenance (as with any KO toy) but I have good hopes for this set.

On KO Toys it states that the figure comes with the extra missile launchers as well as Energon cubes and a briefcase. Is this true? Are they any good or just a silly extra thing?

Thanks

Tim
    "toy geek"

16. NormanB

News Credits:
    Didn't see the $11 shipping. That's enough to push me over.

I'm in. Fingers crossed!

17. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    Yes, it comes with the shoulder missile launchers and a little cool energon cube briefcase like the TFCon version.

18. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sure wish I could buy that KO energon suitcase without paying an absurd amount of money. I saw some on ebay a few weeks ago going for 50% of the cost of the entire set.

sigh

19. NormanB

News Credits:
    PM me. I'm sure we can work something out once mine arrives. I could care less about it!

20. katch26

Ebay:
    on all the orders I've done the shipping difference between old and new was somewhere between 2-4 dollars.

last order was $3.70