Anyone have TF Victory 13-37 from Nihon?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dr Kain, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I got through ep 12 of Transformers Victory when TV-Nihon's BT tracker went dead, so now I have no way getting the rest of the series. Does anyone here have eps 13-37 they could put up for me to download? Of course, I don't really need the 5 clip show episodes if you happen to know what eps they are. Thanks in advanced.

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

man, I got the whole series, but have no idea how to "put them up for download." I only know how to download stuff, I've never uploaded videos. but I'd be willing to if it doesn't require me to register or anything to a site.

3. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

Won't the tracker or whatever start working again?

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Went dead as in they dont have it anymore, not as in they have to wait for it to reboot. They're looking for a new one now, until then all new stuff is MegaUpload provided, which would be how to get the Victory episodes up for download for someone.

5. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Use IRC.

6. Dr Kain

Sorry, but I will never go to Nihon's channel again. I got banned from there years ago because of crap that went down between me and Kingranger. Plus IRC messed up my computer, so when I got this compouter after moving to Denver, I decided I would never put mIRC on this computer.

Oh, and the fact that the waiting in line to download is just plain deeX3.

7. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Sounds like you're shit out of luck then, because I don't see anybody willing to upload 7+ gigs of stuff to a direct download server. Either learn to use IRC or go without, its not that hard.

8. Dr Kain

Gomen MagiRanger.

Anyway, thanks to Scourge for giving me ep 13 even though my computer went screwy and blahed teh download at the last second.

9. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Am I the one asking for a big handout? No, i'm the one giving you vital information.

Knock it off with the insults. Any form of personal attacks are against the rules. --2005 Staff

10. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry Kain, but its lines like this that set most people off. I dunno what kind of "falling out" you had with KR but everyone that has dealt with TV-Nihon from their outset realizes what a type-A he is....its just the truth. Either be a little thicker skinned with hiim and get the files the simplest way (thru IRC) or be prepared to either wait a long time, or not get them at all. If you find someone generous enough with their time and bandwidth, more power to ya. But understand that being impatient and calling people dumb for being patient may not help your cause too much. I "waited in line" for every transformers release they ever made and put up with KR's scathing personality for a long time, and would continue to do so cause their stuff is worth it for the little bit of effort you might have to make to get it. Not only that, their channel is exclusively for downloads now...chatting is in a separate channel, so you wouldn't even have to "deal" with him anyway, unless you did something against the rules. Yeah, it sucks for me too now that their tracker is down 'cause I finally got a setup that allows me to torrent at a good speed but c'est la vie, I guess....back to good ole' IRC I go!

11. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

Ah. It's a good thing I downloaded most of Headmasters, then.

12. Dr Kain

Perhaps Kranix, but mIRC put a virus on my old computer when I downloaded it, so I'm not taking that chance again.

13. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    I remember back in the good old days of Direct Connect and the Iacon Hub, waaay before Bit Torrent trackers became the big thing. We actually had to wait in queue to get the files we wanted, sometimes at really slow transfer rates. Yet, nobody complained about it. That's the way it was. And damn it, people actually appreciated the files more than they do today.

Now with the near-instant gratification of high-speed torrent downloads, people have gotten spoiled, almost as if places like TV Nihon owed us the right to download. But no. It's a privilege.

The worse thing is that the TV Nihon crew do the subbing as a service to the community. FOR FREE. The least people could do is to show a little recognition and use IRC. It isn't rocket science.

14. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

sorry to :horse: 

But this is bugging me: When you say "put a virus" on your computer, that doesn'
    t make a whole lot of sense. If you downloaded mIRC from its legitimate website, then it should've been clean, and the only way I could see getting a virus is that you possibly downloaded an infected file, clicked on an infected link, or someone sent you an infected script. I can only think you had a shitty virus scanner or security software on your computer back then too if it missed some of those blatantly bad IRC scripts and viruses. Besides that, when you say "old", how far back are we saying here? I'm not trying to bash, I'm just trying to say with advances in the anti-virus and security software, coupled with a newer safer version of IRC, there's just not much reason to be so gun-shy.

15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    true true, there also used to be a thing that said not to click links messaged to you by people you don't know. Or to even except messages from people you don't know.

16. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I've used mIRC daily for years and never caught a virus. The only way to catch one through IRC is to click something you're obviously not supposed to (links you get in PM from people you dont know, or people messaging you telling you to put in a certain command), or by downloading it somewhere other than the official website for the program. The program is perfectly safe, not it's fault if something goes wrong.

But in the end Kranix is right, IRC is the only way to get a lot of their files until they have a new download tracker and if you dont want to get into fights, just mind your own business and dont talk in there while you're downloading. Not hard to stay out of trouble.

17. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll just QFT at Hook and say that back in the day (not even a couple years ago), I -not only- waited in long IRC/DCHub queues, but it wasn't even for anything with a semblence of organized release. Random raws + TV caps, half of an episode whose owner would then vanish for weeks while said episode was a different encode from everyone else's...

I <3 how things are now, but I certainly can deal with going back to how it used to be for an interim.

As for IRC: honestly I am at a loss as to what happened in past, but I can assure you that mIRC has worked viruslessly for me for a good 5+ years. Just don't touch anything other than fservs, and get the application from a site that doesn't look shady.

Grats if folks are showing virtual generosity though!

18. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

wait, I STILL use dc++. it works quite nicely, I might add.