Anyone have problems with transformerland.com?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DeathStorm, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I placed an order a few days ago at transformerland.com - a fairly expensive buy for a Menasor and Computron. I paid with paypal immediately and the funds were deducted today from my bank account.

I logged into the site again today because I never got a receipt and discovered that both items were already promised to other customers. It says "Sorry, other customers beat you to these items". WTF? You would think that if someone is paying full price and paying immediately that any negotiations would be null and void. Otherwise the site is being run like ebay (IMO).

There was no indication that the items were sold or had offers pending on them - they weren't in an "on hold" status like other items are. I just bought them outright and assummed that all was good. Now the items are going to someone else? How fair is that?

I emailed them and told them I wanted a refund - I was just curious if anyone else has dealt with them and if this type of unethical business practice is common with them.

EDIT: Got an email from them saying this was a glitch. At least now I know it's not normal, all is well.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

are you sure the items are not on hold, for YOU?

3. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Hmm, that is true. Maybe they were?

4. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I just got an email from Matt, who runs the site, and he said this is a glitch that isn't supposed to happen so I guess it was a mistake. I got my order in full and it's being shipped now. At least now I know it's not the normal business practice for the site and I'm a bit relieved - they have a lot of good stuff on there.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

when i ordered from them a while back, the same thing happened, and soon i realized it was indeed on hold for me, because he puts them on hold, until he recieves payment.

after he recieves payment, *he normally waits about a week actually* he will remove the item from the site.

how ever, he normally does give you some confermation, but when i ordered i didn't recieve confermation for 2 or 3 days.

but it seems strange to me that the exact two items YOU bought, got sold, at the same time, by some one else, don't you think? he is not like bbts, or amazon. or what ever, you normally buy from he is runs the whole show himself, as a hobby, so when you order from him, you have to give him time, after all, he has a life outside selling transformers.

i say give him time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.