Anyone Have GARO figures?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Pravus Prime, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I was recently rewatching the Tokusatsu series GARO, a favorite series of mine, and for some strange reason, I felt the impulse to get the missing figures from my collection of the Equip and Props.

I'm only missing 2 figures, Vol 2, the burning Garo figure, and Vol 8, the White Knight.

To be honest, I held off on Vol 2 because the flame effect looked a bit cheesey, and on Vol 8 because posters were complaining that theirs had a melted face, with early batches having two face syndrome with the left side being improperly molded. I also passed on vol 1, but got him last year when HLJ was having a sale.

If anyone out there has either of these 2 figures, could you answer:

What hands does Burning Garo come with? The same as volume 1, 4, and 7? Open, fists, and a weapon sized right hand? What's wrong with Bandai? Every other figure has 3 full sets, not 2 and a half!

Does said burning GARO look cheesey with the flame effects?

How's the face on your White Knight?

On a slightly seperate tangent, anyone have the Henshin figure, and want to share any thoughts on it?

To be honest, I'm not really expecting anyone here to see and know, but it never hurts to ask!

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I've got every Equip&Prop SIC aside from Garo with the horse, as well as the Souchaku Henshin and the 12" posable one with the chrome job. :D 

Burning GARO:
    I admit, I basically bought this one for coat-Kouga. :lol  But I -think- he has all the same hands as the Vol. 1 GARO. THe flame effect isn't -bad-, but it is a little cheesy unless you light it well.

White Knight:
    Face was fine on mine, but as per my usual SIC experience of something breaking, one of the hip balljoints SNAPPED CLEAN OFF.

Souchaku Henshin:
    This guy is niiiice for gokin content. However, he has the Souchaku Henshin Faiz thing of sometimes looking a little short-necked. Really though it depends on how you pose him. And I got mine for $5 because they were shelf-clogging Den Den Town when I was in Japan, so that helped. ;) 

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like you, I don't have those 2 figures either but have seen both figures in person...the flames are so-so IMO but if you have the vol. 1 version, I don't think you would want him. As the for the white knight...the sculpt looks decent but by then I was off Garo.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Don't have those, but I do have Berserker Garo. Love it, except that you have to take his fawking arms and legs off if you want him in a different pose....Which also makes him very unstable. Blegh. Lost the ring he came with as well. :( 

5. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Berserker Garo! Yeah I have that big guy too! And you're right he seems to fall apart each time I want to pose him. One of these days I must try the nail polish trick! LOL!

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I don't think that will help. Waaaaay to much weight in the legs and especially the arms. :( 

7. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Shucks, you might be right dude...sigh...what a pity...:( 

8. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I have the Souchaku Henshin one. The pieces keep f***ing falling off! And the lower leg armours hinder feet movement. But it looks nice :D .

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yeah...Wonder if there's a way to kitbash him, make those arms rotable while still able to support all that weight...Blegh, it's that he looks so awesome, cause he has some incredibly crappy designing going on.

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, the design really blows - which is unusual for Bandai but the sculpt is amazing! He's one of my fave "big monsters" in my collection! :D 

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yeah, no kidding. What a sexah beast. :D  That reminds me, I need to get the Garo + Horse set...Pity the figures are all so expensive, or I would get them all. That show rocked (though the 'movie' had waaaay to much fanboy-ism things going one, felt more like a fanfic then a true Garo sequel).

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh? You don't have the horse set? I thought it was one of the better Garo toys! :) 

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Had the choice between Berserker Garo and the horse set, and I went with the former because he looked so much more badass. If I had known that it had such crappy design, however....:( 

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I don't blame you dude as both are well sculpted but if forced into making a choice, I would take the rider and horse set. I'm crazy over "vehicle" based toys! :D