Anyone have a Battlefield 2142 Account they dont use anymore?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by flamingunicron, Jun 12, 2008.

1. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, i just got a copy of Battlefield 2142, for 10 bucks, loose, but turns out that the cd was already registered for an account. Now i can't do anything bout that, but i can play it if i get the account information for someone else who does have it right? If you do have one, could you pm me? I'm open to paying for the account as long as its not ridiculously expensive.

I think this thread is allowed. I checked the rules and it didn't say i couldn't ask for cd keys. Thanks.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Really don't think this is allowed.

But yeah, you're pretty much out $10, unless you can take it back. The Battlefield 2142 accounts are tied to a person's personal EA account. I don't see anyone giving you that information.

Sorry dude.

3. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd just return it and track down a new copy. If this was an Ebay purchase, then the seller did you wrong.

4. flamingunicron

News Credits:
    no it was a garage sale...i've never played a battlefield game before, so i assumed the cd key system worked like warcraft/starcraft where you can only one cd key at use during a certain time. Thanks for the help guys

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'd say try contacting EA, but I highly doubt they'd give support for a secondhand game.

The main reason 2142's CD key is like this, is that it is basically an online-only game.

6. flamingunicron

News Credits:
    I contacted them, and they said i could get a new cd key if i sent them the proof of purchase on the manual and 10 dollars money order to them. That seems legit right?

7. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Hey, when you do get BF2142 working properly, gimmie hollar, I gots that game :D