Anyone hate Cybertron, but like Galaxy Force? (cartoon)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Oct 4, 2008.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I... don't know what else to say that the title hasn't. I mean, I do, of course. That is, I like GF more than Cyb. One of my friends said that I should try watching GF subs instead of the crappy Cybertron, saying it would be much better and more coherant. I did, with the volume off of course, but I actually liked it kinda.

Cybertron crammed useless dialogue everywhere trying to be funny and just made every line terrible. Galaxy Force has much less dialouge and makes more sense since there aren't tired clich├ęs around every verbal corner. Cybertron also portrayed it's characters different. (read: poorly) Not to mention the plot and main goal isn't repeated nearly as much as in Cybertron.

So... yeah, anyone else like me?

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    It's the oppostie for me. I don't give much about Cybertron, but I found Galaxy Force almost unbearable.

Galaxy Force was all about "CHARACTER NAME! TRANSFORM!", "GIMMICK NAME! CATCHPHRASE!"

With dragged out stock footage sequences that lasted about half an episode, "Galaxy Convoy! Ligerjack! Link up! Liger... Convoy!" became utterly boring after the second or so time. Cybertron tried to spice that up with a little variation.

3. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I don't hate Cybertron, as I've barely watched any of it, but I did enjoy Galaxy Force a lot.

That's one of the things I like about the Japanese super robot shows.
    They're so over the top it's funny.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    People like listening to bad dialogue they can't understand as opposed to sub-par dialogue they can understand. Plus, people treat anime as Serious Business.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not me, anime is a joke. I just skip the human parts and watch the robots do stuff.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  7. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    One of the main reasons I prefer GF over Cybertron is that I think dubs sound weird.
    Even when it's an English show dubbed in another language.

Although they can be hilarious sometimes.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
  9. spamo123

spamo123 Artist. Contact me.

Sorry, but I don't like either very much.
    The only thing the shows are good for are to watch the transformation scenes on youtube.

Thats's about it.

10. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I'm with you! I really liked GF and then tried watching Cybertron... no dice.

11. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I can't stand Cybertron for the simple reason that the voice acting is horrible. Galaxy force, even with it's shortcomings (that Nevermore touched on), is far superior, in my opinion.

12. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definately more of a fan of GF than Cyb... GF may not have been the best Transformers anime made, but least it was what it was... The English dub made it less bearable to watch, and the voice acting was sub-par at best.

13. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't care for either really, would've loved for the SimFur Energon comic arc to continue on into Cybertron.
    DN

14. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Any anime that isn't dubbed is okay with me.

15. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I found the Galaxy Force series to be grandly superior to Cybertron's writing, plus scenes wern't removed from the original unlike the dub. However, I will admit that Cybertron's acting was pretty good. But I perfer Galaxy Force more, due to the sheer awesomeness, plus the added-on serious and hardcore factor.

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I liked Cybertron, because it was in English. :) 

Seriously though, while the dubbing work in Cybertron is far from prizewinning, it was yards better than that from Armada and Energon (admittedly not tough to manage.), had banter and jokes that were occasionally funny even to a non-Japanese person, and the out-of-nowhere accents didn't bother me once I had some time to get used to them (in some ways, they could even be viewed as homage to the accent-laden characters in G1, among others.)

I'm one of those weird people who prefers (adequate) dubs to subs most times anyway, not because I feel they're superior in any way, but because they remove a level of work and obfuscation (requiring me to divert from the visuals to read some text), separating me from my entertainment.

17. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Personally, I preferred Cybertron over GF. Like Nevermore said, GF was heavy on the stock footage scenes which took forever and really didn't add anything to the overall show. Cybertron I felt improved on this by adding dialog to those scenes, making it at least seem like there was something more going on.

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I hated Cybertron but I wouldn't say I liked Galaxy Force either, it's more like Cybertron is unwatchable and Galaxy Force is watchable.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I like Cybertron and galaxy force........

i grew up watching the english version hell taht's how i became a fan.......so i like the english version and teh Japanese version pretty cool...i watched the first episode the Fallen/Inferno episode in Japanese.......i have to admit it's pretty good.

Now Energon is a pass and Superlink is a GO!

i kinda agree with feralstorm on this.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, that line "Cybertron is unwatchable and Galaxy Force is watchable" pretty much sums it up.

Slightly off-topic, I did like the Cybertron toys a lot, since they tried many different styles (albeit all based around the same Armada/Energon asthetic) with the different planet denizens.