Anyone had shipping like this before?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by opt1musaber, Jan 16, 2011.

1. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I recently purchased G1 Overlord off someone on ioffer recently. He lives in China and his english is pretty average. That's not the bad part, after I have payed the money he hasn't logged in for a week but somehow I have received a paypal message with the tracking info. When I look at the tracking it says it's been delivered in the U.S.... I'm in Australia! Did the seller ship to the wrong address or is there a possibility it's going via U.S. to Australia.

Anyone had a similar situation or has this happened to them before?

2. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Possibly just a wrong number given to you.

Contact the seller ASAP for safe measures though

3. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    I have sent 3 emails and no reply to any. Ioffer has it's own dispute system but I thought I might wait a bit longer to see what happens. I guess if it comes to the worst I can open a paypal dispute

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    You might be SoL. I bought an entire Kiss Player collection off someone from China, had full feedback cred, shipping number, etc.

I've never seen the box, and he stopped responding. International shipping can take longer than ebay/paypal guarantees, so that cash is long gone.

Buyers beware when shopping overseas.

5. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Nearly everything I buy is overseas so I haven't had this problem before. I hope it's just an error and not a dodgy seller. BTW did you get your money back?

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    file that paypal claim and get your money back. Sounds like you got robbed:2c: 

Ioffer is ok but its a VERY SHADY place. I'd be careful buying anything from that place

7. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Damn I was really, really wanting this figure. Maybe if I file a claim he might reply lol.

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah ioffer and straight buying internationally can be a gamble, especially from china.

i hate to say that but most stories i hear are from chinese sellers. happens on the boards here. they join, make a few posts and a sales thread with some "awesome stuff" get your money and bye bye.

never ever send money through paypal to int sellers as a gift. dumbest thing you can do. even to usa sellers is a gamble unless they have a good rep.

just a bummer if they got cred on ioffer and disappear.

9. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

There's no reason why it would be sent to the US and then Australia. I don't think even FedEx would be that stupid with their planning.

I wouldn't get my hopes up with a response by opening a claim either. I had one asswipe on the boards here "sell" me a Marvel Icons Iron Man, claim he shipped it and then disappeared. Filed a dispute with PayPal, no response. Waited a week, escalated to a claim, no response. The claim was open for over a month, during which time PayPal tried to contact the lowlife three times. No. Response.

I really hope you get your money back. There have been countless times I've seen something on the 'bay or Yahoo Auction, but couldn't pull the trigger because the seller was in China.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Who's the seller, icetwin65? :) 

11. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    I'm desperately hoping he sent wrong tracking info. Weird thing is through the tracking he had already shipped it on the 8th and I only had payed on the 14th :confused:  so it maybe is the wrong tracking number.

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Oh, I know, I buy (well, used to) a lot from overseas and with a few exceptions things turned out well. The reason I mentioned this story is because I know Overlord isn't exactly cheap. And no, I didn't get my money back. It was a lot of money too.

13. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    sellers name was hushdiil.

14. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Well I might be in the same boat as you. I filed a paypal complaint a few days ago and see (praying) what will happen. I still hope that he sent the wrong tracking info but it's seeming less likely and he has probably just run off with my money. If I don't get full refund or even if I get partial refund I will never buy from China again, with exception to Hong kong.