Anyone going to Celebration IV in LA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wreckgar, May 19, 2007.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Next week, Star wars celebration IV. Anyone here going? I'm working a booth with a friend of mine and if it's anything like Indy was for C3, it's going to be insane. That and the show hours are from 9-midnight (seriously, WTF?) every day except the last one.

So anyone going? And anyone living there know anyplace really cool to go? Not sure if I'll get a chance with those insane hours but should still be a good time and I do hope to see some parts of the city.

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Not going, but...don't suppose you wanna pick me up those exclusive McQuarrie figs? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I currently have one set to buy and not sure what the limit is. I'm sure the guy I'm working for will have a few sets and if we have some after the show, I'll give you his name.

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I think it's one per day..or four total..or something like that. But, cool man. LMK. :thumb 

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

If I were a SW nut I'd be there. I'll probably go to BlizzCon though.

6. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not a Star Wars collector, but I think it would be cool to go. If for nothing just to get those McQuarrie Concept Artoo and Threepio. If you have a fan badge (or whatever it's called, you can get 5 sets of those.)

7. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I went to Celebrations I and III and neither were prepared for the masses of Star Wars fans. The first one was small and had us all waiting in lines outside in the cold and rain. The second one was much much bigger but still had us waiting in line in the rain. It even snowed over the weekend.

This shot is where we stood in line - on the roof of the convention center.

[​IMG]

The line went out the front door, around the side of the building, up onto the roof, down the back of the building and into the RCA dome.

[​IMG]

On the first day, my friends wanted to hit the official store first and snag some of the swag, including a bunch of those exclusive Vader figures. After it became apparent that the store line wasn't going anywhere anytime soon, I left and went to do some other stuff. 8 hours later, I found my friends leaving the official store. They'd all pretty much gotten what they wanted, but they were in there all day long.

Despite all that, it was a ton of fun and I wish I was going to CIV. Maybe I'll be able to make CV.