Anyone getting the limited Dark Retribution Dinorobot set?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1_Leet, Feb 3, 2009.

1. G1_Leet

G1_Leet Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just ordered mine. Only 500 pieces worldwide!!! That's insane if it is true. I cannot imagine why they thought 500 was a good enough number. Usually there's like 2000, 1500 or 1000. But 500 worldwide is really a small number.

But I have mine ordered, so I cannot wait until I get mine. I love collectable transformers, and this set is a real rare piece to have, I love the dark color scheme, and for the price, its a steal having all G1 Dinobots together in one package.

If I had any words of wisdom, I would say get it now Transformers fans before it is gone forver, or ends up on Ebay for over several hundred dollars when you should have gotten it now!

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Only if they were regular sized Dinobots.

3. Pasaway

Pasaway Well-Known Member

Yep I pre-ordered them a while back.

The 500 count isn't so bad now. when they released the Santa commander set, it was impossible to find it if you didn't jump on it. but some of the others, like the G2 slag, the reindeer Grimlock and the elf Swoop, all were released in 500 count too, and are still available. I'm a big Dinobot and Grimlock collector, so i had to get them all, but a lot of people didn't get anymore after they had the originals in the original colors. These may not sell out as quick as the Santa Commander, but I think they will do better than the G2 slag or Grmilock

4. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

While the colour-scheme is quite interesting, they're a big pass for me. The only reason I even got the originals was because it was the only way I could have a chance in hell of getting all 5 G1 Dinobots (who I greatly loved as a kid, but only had Grimlock, Snarl and a very incomplete Swoop) without having to sell a kidney, a lung, my first born child and a testicle to avoid bankruptcy.

5. Mixmasterjay

Mixmasterjay Well-Known Member

Ebay:

You do know that there are unofficial and three times smaller than the original Dinobots. There price is likely too drop a little, as this will probably be an set not lot of people really want. But I do want the Lucky draw set, too add to my Lucky Draw stuffer stockercampagne set of 2007.:cool: 

6. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

^ good point. If the set was an official release from Hasbro/Takara, I could see the price sky-rocketing. However, as they're entirely unofficial releases, I don't imagine they'll be worth all that much in the future. They are afterall bootlegs after all...but that doesn't mean I love my set any less :D 

7. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

official products for me only. I hate people who rip off other peoples designs

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy pass for me as well, all I have left to get is the red chest Swoop. Now of course it has to be in a two pack and I have no need for another small Grimlock. Why????

9. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have it. It's fairly nice and the plastic feels more solid on these than on previous WST dinos. Mine was missing a fist for snarl though, and TFSource hasn't gotten back to me on my inquiry about a replacement yet. <shrug>

10. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

What is it? Black WST Dinobots or something?

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yep. I want the set dearly.

12. cougarcat13t

cougarcat13t Man In Black!

Where do you order them at?

13. Pasaway

14. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I got mine last week with my Masterpiece Megatron. I haven't even opened them. They are my first WST figures and I am afraid that I will love them so much that I'll start collecting a new line. From what I understand the WST figures are quite the addicting plasticrack. I put the box up on my shelf near the other boxes that am keeping. Hell, I didn't even take of the awesome plastic wrap that TFSource wrapped around them. It's such a good wrapping job that it seems like they where manufactured that way, until you see the TFSource sticker holding it on.

I love TFSource. Great store.

15. Pasaway

That's why i bought two sets, one mint box, and one for me to open.

Hoooorray, just got notice from tf source, that mine shipped today:drool: 

16. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dumb question...how is this legal?

17. Pasaway

what specifically?

the miniture versions of something that doesn't exsist anymore?

18. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    I want them really bad but I don't have the funds at the moment. I wish you could get them individually.

19. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    It is not a direct takeoff or knockoff of a existing mold...the size scale is completely different...plus hasbro is well aware of the WST being made and marketed to people...if the holder of the copyright chooses not to challenge a company making similar products then it is legal....

It is only not legal when they (hasbro) file a trademark infringement suit and get a court decision(order) ruling it not legal....

20. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I hope this set does shelfwarm for a while, cuz I want one but cant afford it right now.