Anyone find themselves collecting less TF's?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Black Omega, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I ask this question because I am not collecting the ROTF toys and I know there are others out there that are staying away from the ROTF toys too. To me the ROTF toys are just more of the toys from the first movie just different molds. I have enough toys of the live action movie style asthetic and am not interested in more of them.

That being said and with Universe at a halt until Fall 2010 (says Hasbro) I find myself collecting considerably less TF's than ever before. With my only interests right now being Universe, Encore & MP's I am only adding to my collection very sparodically.

Does anyone else find themselves in the same boat?

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I haven't been buying anything new for a while. Not just ROTF, but the new Henkei and Animated releases as well. Trying to save up on money. I've spent more time selling stuff and kitbashing figures instead.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

This again? Ok, yes. There are quite a few people who aren't collecting ROTF at all, there are people (like me) who are being quite picky about what they buy. Don't worry, it doesn't make you a bad person or a bad TF fan. Just use the time to fill in gaps in your collection, or to try out other toy lines. Revoltech and Soul of Chogokin might interest you if you need a robot fix and have money burning a hole in your pocket.

4. fastballspecial

fastballspecial Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm buying very few ROTF toys and mostly concentrating on Classics 2.0, anything that is Classics-esqe :p  as well as Henkei soon. I really want a Megatron.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i have pretty much gotten everything i want from the movie line that is out right now, and that is without any leaders and voyagers to boot (i want leader prime but i am holding off for now). i have been really considering just spending my money on encores for a while......kind of sad......earlier this year i didn't have enough money for the stuff that was out.....

6. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I am very picky about what goes into my collection. And also Money is tight right now so there are other things with higher priority.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I find myself being very picky with the RotF figures that I purchase. My main interests right now are in the third party stuff... got to love weapons sets for my already existing Classics collection. That said, I have been picking up a few of the RotF figures and, those that I have purchase, have rather enjoyed them. There's also the store exclusive Universe figures to look forward to (still haven't picked up Darkwind or Countdown yet... soon though...) and Alternity Black Megatron is looking good. Also, can't wait to get my hands on DL Blaster...

But, for the most part, I'm caught up with what I want at the moment, but I'm sure there will still be plenty of Transformers for me to purchase... even with me scaling back it does appear that I still don't have enough money to purchase everything I want all at once. Especially with all this third party stuff hitting all at once in the next month.

8. Blaspherian

Blaspherian Well-Known Member

boo-fucking-hoo

9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Well I am taking this time to try to add to my G1 Japanese stuff. I was buying classic / Universe stuff. As for the Movie toys, I did not purchase any from the first movie. I did buy Superion but technically that is not from the movie. I plan on buying Bludgeon but that is about it. If the japanese stuff dries up then I will just save up. That is my plan and I'm sticking to it so if anyone has some G1 Japanese stuff to get rid of PM me.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

You already know I'm in the same boat with you J (I'm on a boat!).

Only TFs I've gotten recently were gifts and trades with Jimmy and Bombatron. Oh, and a ROTF Sideways that turned out to not be a variant. Damn misleading date stamps.

I know I said I'd have the money to spend on bashing and whatnot during this break, but that totally isn't the case. I've been working on some other things lately so that I might have more free time later on. Also, I'm moving into a house at the end of August. Plans are already made and i have to figure out what to do with the lease I've got here at my current apartment.

So yeah. I haven't even been hunting lately.

11. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

Haven't bought anything since Christmas. Grimlock is too expensive and I'm waiting for movie premiums. It looks like the first one to go up will be On Fire The Fallen.

12. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

I completely avoided the 2007 movie figures except for 1 premium Ironhide, just bc I thought he was pretty cool looking. So the few ROTF figures I've picked up don't cause any real conflicts.

With Alternity and Masterpiece along with stuff like the Generation book exclusives, fansproject, encore, etc there is tons of new stuff to still get. Not to mention picking up older figures. My collection is still growing at its usual steady pace.

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Dont feel bad, I cut down drastically when Universe started up.
    I felt wierd when none of the toys looked cool to me :lol 

Still, my wallet was happier for only have Universe clogging shelves around here.

14. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I'm not collecting because of the economy. I'm saving more for a rainy day.

15. newguy

newguy i

I need to get a car, but TFs are sooo coolz. I'm buying still. but i do need to get a car.

16. AMG

AMG Old School

I've been playing catch up on a lot of Universe bots, with some Animated mixed in. The only new movie toys I have so far are Robot Heroes Sideswipe & Sideways, BK Bumblebee and BK Ravage. I'm not in a hurry to get the movie toys I want because I know they will be there on the shelves for a long time.

So no, my collecting hasn't slowed down one bit.

17. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    My Transformers collecting is on life support right now.

I have no interest in the ROTF stuff except for the HA Bumblebee. I went looking for it during the TRU $10 giftcard promotion but couldn't find it. So, don't really care if I pick it up anymore.

In the past couple of months, I've purchased some Transformers from my backlog that I wanted, such as Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus and City Commander. But haven't had any desire to open them up, so I've decided to put them up for sale.

As for other lines I collect: Alts, MP, Henkei, G1. I have all the Alts I want. I'm caught up with my MP figures. I have all the G1 Henkei releases except for the exclusives(not willing to fork over the cash for those repaint seekers). With G1, I've been rapidly losing interest in the reissues. Let's face it, they're bricks and not much fun to transform.

About the only thing that can resuscitate my collecting is a new MP announcement or the return of Universe 3.0/Henkei. I do however, really want the TRU Insecticons.

18. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm very picky with what I buy right now (mostly because most of the ROTF stuff does not interest me that much). So yes, I seem to be collecting less TF's. Unfortunately, my wallet hurts just as much as I've picked up DC Universe (and maybe MOTU) Classics.

19. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm beginning to slow down, but with that said it's not due to the ROTF toyline because I've gotten pretty much all of the deluxes, voyagers, and leaders. About once a year I have a couple of months where my collection grows wild. The rest of the time I take it easy and get a figure here and there.

20. shadowtron

shadowtron Decepticon

Since Im just getting back into collecting, Im just revving up, not slowing down. I have no desire for the movie stuff, cant stand them actually, so this time gives me a chance to grab what Ive been missing for the older stuff.