Anyone feel the designs are going stale?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Superion33, Apr 13, 2009.

1. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    No.

Imo, ROTF designs are showing more and more progress after TF1. It keeps on looking better and better to me.

There's a whole lot of variety in both style & proportions.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And looking again, even the wheel-feet robots are considerably different from each other.

Just compare Demolishor to Sideswipe or Chromia, extremely different shape and sizes and colors, even Megatron when compared to his fellow fiddle-armers are distinctible from each other and other robots, I think the designs got alot better and I hope TF3 brings even more variety.

3. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

I think humans are getting too stale, they all have one head, 2 arms and 2 legs. Its getting boring now why dont they mix it up some?

4. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

I dont think there getting stale at all. I think just like knoted stated that the bots are looking so much more advanced than they did in TF1. Im loving how well they are being rendered and how real the CGI is coming out. I cant wait to see all the TF in action.

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm not going to complain about the movie aesthetic anymore, but something I do think is stale is the basic "look" of the wheeled vehicle characters.

Pretty much all the car-formers look the same, with minor variations. Wheel-foot, bumper-chest. I thought it was kind of cool in the cartoons where Sideswipe has a flat hood-chest, Jazz has a "perpendicular" hood-chest, Wheeljack and Tracks have a roof-chest, etc.

In the movie, pretty much all the cars have the wheel-foot, bumper-chest transformation. The Twins, Barricade, "Sideways," Bumblebee, Jazz, etc. I think it's cool that Sideswipe seems to have a car rear-end chest.

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't think they're getting stale at all.
    The movie designs are a breath of fresh air to me.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You have to remember, the movie formers that are on the silver screen have to be mathematically able to transform in order to be computer animated correctly. Unlike G1, actual physics are involved for the movie designs, and apparently having the bumper chest is the best way.

But for me, the movie design isn't going stale. Just look at Jetfire, he looks freaking awesome for a Blackbird-former, and most of the constructicons are individual in their own way (Mixmaster looks like win, the voyager anyway)

8. Monbackey

Monbackey Member

How are they getting stale? They've only released 1 movie...

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Nope.

10. cnic

cnic Decepticon

:lol 

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Does seem to happen with just about every series. At first Beast Wars was all radical but then the look sort of became a standard once the series got some seasons under it's belt. Animated was too radical for some fans yet now most fans can make a pretty good bet what Transformers from other series would look like in the Animated style.

The look keeps on changing and what is today's radical departure from the old ends up as the new same old same old after a while. On the bright side looks do change so for someone like me it's just wait the movie look out and see what comes after that. Because some times you get lucky and some times you are just all out of luck.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Most of my non-fan acquaintances had trouble telling the robots apart. The fact that the robots did not have much to say only compounded the problem. If Bay isn't going to give the robots many lines, he might as well compensate by giving their designs and mannerisms lots of character.

13. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    as happens with every single franchise. does noone recall the mad days of trukk not munky? followed soon after by FREAKS? then the backlash from RID/Car Robots when they went back to vehicles? the styles we are seeing now aren't any radical change to what we saw last time.

i don't remember any part about the movieverse fans trying to break this cycle though. technically speaking the "new revolutionary" designs of animated overshadowed this last year, and this year we get a case of the "refined"(in terms of them finding a comfortable aesthetic) versions of the movie. whatever comes out next will do the same thing. it never ends.
    just like fanboy squabbling.

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    However, a personal taste is usually pretty stable. A person who likes the colour blue will probably like blue all his/her life.

I.e. people just make their personal picks along with changes of time ; because trends & styles are always re-occurring at points in time, like eb & flood.

Maybe blue's not in fashion today, might be tomorrow again... People who hate the movie style bots are going to hate any future styles with similar characteristics again and again. That's pretty much a constant.